Large Shimmy??

lozzaa

O.G.
Jul 22, 2009
Hello ladies!!
Just wondering if anybody has / has tried on a large shimmy? I would LOVE to get one but am worried that it will look comically large, if you get what I mean. What does everybody think??

hello lozza, I haven't tried large shimmy but I believe it is huge! See attached images that I bought a regular purple shimmy before, however I've already exchanged to e/w straw shimmy cos it's a bit large to me :P

you can see how it looks and you may get some ideas. I am 166cm US size 6. hope it helps.

Attachments

• P1020946.JPG
    P1020946.JPG
    171.3 KB · Views: 93
  • P1020954.JPG
    P1020954.JPG
    171.4 KB · Views: 117
  • P1020988.JPG
    P1020988.JPG
    120.4 KB · Views: 110
They are both lovely!! It's just the large one is reduced and is an absolute BARGAIN!! I really like the east west one though i did once come close to getting an east west in purple...

Hi Iozzaa , My taupe shimmy is regular and I am a UK 14/16 which I think is approx US 10/12 so a I'm a bit chunkier than tastefashion. It looks like the regular swamps a more slender woman?

The cerise is east west and I think it definitely is markedly smaller on my shoulder than tastefashion's.

The large IRL is HUGE. Like a weekend bag maybe. But depending on your own style it could look fabulous. It will not go unnoticed:nuts:

Attachments

• 015.JPG
    015.JPG
    59.2 KB · Views: 101
  • 022.jpg
    022.jpg
    45.9 KB · Views: 92
i've just procured the large shimmy in taupe (regular is OOS :sad: )

it is big and would be good as a weekend / gym bag. I was originally concerned about the size but I already a few bags in the regular size (though honestly more wearable I think) but it serves it's purpose when I want to take my things all over and i'm out for the full day during the weekend.

Verdict: Love it!

I went for the large one in taupe - the same as you!! it is HUGE but it's so stunning and i do really like big bags. I do know a guy who carries one and it looks stunning on him

Thank you Sterre. I just love her. She has actually been a defining bag for me. Over the past few months I have been buying, exchanging returning etc. Taupe shimmy arrived, was collinolled instantly and to work with me next day. That's the way it should be I think instead of humming and hawing and asking what your friends think.
A reaction to a bag should be like a reaction to a man.
Instant attraction, proper protection and hit the ground running:yahoo:

indeed...it doesnt!! but everyone's been really nice giving compliments to Mdm Shimmy :smile:

I contemplated returning it and waiting for the regular shimmy but as I was packing for the day...I was sold sold sold. still lemming something in a taupe colour, i adore it so much.

I just hope the straps hold up though, i'm a little apprehensive as to the weight it can hold

I have regular but would snap up the e/w too in a minute if I saw one. I am a complete convert to taupe which I used to see as a non-colour. I have boots and mac in taupe too now. The brass really lifts the colour and it goes with jeans, khaki colours anything in fact that either oak or choc go with.
The large shimmy has that lovely zip across the front too. I just can't think when I'd use it. If I was carrying that much I want one of those cases on wheels!!