Great News -- New/Enlarged Boutique in DC NM

Jun 23, 2007
I was just in the Washington DC Neiman Marcus (not to be confused with the Tysons, VA NM) and was informed that the Hermes Boutique was being enlarged and moving to a new location in the store! I was very excited, because there will most likely be (a) an event to mark the grand opening; and (b) a special commemorative scarf of some sort!!! The boutique there is kind of like a mini shop, it has a bit of everything in a tiny little space. Maybe now they will have more bags and much more space for scarves. The hoopla about new boutiques also includes the opening of a Chanel boutique for you who are so inclined! It is a big deal, because this particular NM isn't a very busy store and I think these two new boutiques will help breathe new life into them.
Perhaps this post really belongs in the shopping thread.
I am looking forward to the grand opening!!
Judy

I was there this morning actually... as the doors were opening. I see the continued construction for the Chanel boutique, but wonder where the H boutique will be moving to...?

TT they have been tracking your purchase history in the region and corporate decided that your purchases (historically and in future) would pay for the renovation:P
LOL not so....but can make an appropiate donation to the cause..the H cause.
Wonder if they will take suggestions as to the commemerative scarf??

LOL not so....but can make an appropiate donation to the cause..the H cause.
Wonder if they will take suggestions as to the commemerative scarf??

Since they are less than a month from opening and Angelika swears she doesn't know (but put me on the list for mystery scarf,) I am assuming it is already decided. Can't be Farderole (butterflies) in 90 unless they do it in a mousseline or cashmere. That was there opening scarf in 1996. I know I spelled it wrong, sorry. Maybe that's what it will be, the beautiful red and light blue butterfly colorway on a larger scarf?? That would be very special, indeed. What a beautiful shawl that would be. I would like a commemorative piece of china or leather, myself!
--Judy

I was just in the Washington DC Neiman Marcus (not to be confused with the Tysons, VA NM) and was informed that the Hermes Boutique was being enlarged and moving to a new location in the store! I was very excited, because there will most likely be (a) an event to mark the grand opening; and (b) a special commemorative scarf of some sort!!! The boutique there is kind of like a mini shop, it has a bit of everything in a tiny little space. Maybe now they will have more bags and much more space for scarves. The hoopla about new boutiques also includes the opening of a Chanel boutique for you who are so inclined! It is a big deal, because this particular NM isn't a very busy store and I think these two new boutiques will help breathe new life into them.
Perhaps this post really belongs in the shopping thread.
I am looking forward to the grand opening!!
Judy

Seriously??!!! Fab!:yahoo: Do you have a favourite SA there whom u could recommend? (pls pm if so), I grew up in g'town and shopped there for years, but do not find the H in Fairfax easy to deal with (probably b/c I do most of my business at Madison or Highland Park or BA) and I am thrilled to hear NM MG might have a decent boutique :balloon:...there used to be a good one in the NPM NM in Dallas, but it closed...ty for the post!...:hugs:

Sara, you must think I am my own imaginary character! We have probably been in the same place together more than once! Thinking Fairfax, NM Tysons...
When DC has their grand opening, I will be there and I hope you will be as well!!
--Judy

:P

I'm sure you're right----we've probably unknowingly shopped together many times!

You'll have to keep me posted on the grand opening!!