Experienced BV'ers I need your help!

PinkSuadeSoho

Princess Grace Ave
O.G.
Jul 17, 2006
I've posted everyone so please forgive the duplicate threads. I need to merge them and figure out where they go for the right exposure.

I bought several Balenciaga bags and have changed my order numerous times because I don't know for sure what would suit me best.

To minimize my problems, I decided to buy a BV Calf dust Shopper Tote in gold. Problem here is that they could go on sale and I would hate to pay full price when it may be cut in half in less than 2 months away. BV says that until they sell out, they won't know what gets marked down. Would it bother you to pay full and see a huge price reduction? Do I just stick to Balenciaga knowing that their prices stay the same until an increase. Just looking for someone to hold my hand and tell me it'll all be okay:biggrin: Sorry, It's pathetic Mondays over here for me! No sleep = cranky Pink:wacko:

Hey Pink! Which bag are you looking at?

Here's what I think, if you really love the bag, it won't matter if it goes on sale. Not to say that you might not have a little twinge, but in the end it won't matter. I bought my matita sandals and a week later they were 50% off. I still love them and am not sorry for the purchase. Flip side is, if you wait, they could all be gone. So, if you love it, then buy and don't look back. Hope this helps and good luck!

BTW - I have borrowed this advice from a lovely TPF member. She will know who she is if she reads this.

Here's what I think, if you really love the bag, it won't matter if it goes on sale. Not to say that you might not have a little twinge, but in the end it won't matter. I bought my matita sandals and a week later they were 50% off. I still love them and am not sorry for the purchase. Flip side is, if you wait, they could all be gone. So, if you love it, then buy and don't look back. Hope this helps and good luck!

BTW - I have borrowed this advice from a lovely TPF member. She will know who she is if she reads this.
Thank you so much! kroquet!!!!http://www.saksfifthavenue.com/main...001&siteID=oGj7akNVsTg-kr1KNHvP3075VWvPe0qbsA

I have to take the sale part away and just think about what bag which would best suit me and my personality! I guess I'll be doing a reveal for both forums :shame:thanks for your input, i need it! x0x0

It probably will go on sale, but who knows when. It's a crap shoot, so to speak. lol

I just got my Elephant hobo and it will go on sale, too. I love the bag, though, so I don't mind.

Can't wait for your reveal over here!!!!

^ You're so kind^ Thank you! I can't promise what bag will be th "one", but I will have pictures! Maybe I'll just let someone buy one of the bags for me and it could be a surprise. How pathetic am I! Sad thing is, I'd actually do it! lol

I think the size on the Saks site is wrong. Here is the pic from the BV website....Note: not 28" wide!

And yes, it is a crap shoot. You have to take the chance that the bag will be on sale, or sold out. There have been times when I've bought a full price bag, only to find it deeply discounted. There are other times when a bag sold out right away, and I waited too long, thinking it will make it to a sale. Then of course, there were some great sale deals I got. I figure, it all balances out.

attachment.php

Attachments

• dustshoopperfw09.jpg
    dustshoopperfw09.jpg
    67.7 KB · Views: 295
Last edited:
My wild wild wild guess is this one will go on sale, but more importantly, if you get the bag you love, on sale or not doesn't really matter in the end. I love goldenflower's quote in her siggy, "Quality is remembered long after the price is forgotten.".

GL with your hunt!!:heart:

Yeah, not 28in that's what I was thinking. They have it incorrect, lol.

I'm still thinking about what to do. I love that saying about quality is still there long after the price/sale. Very true. Thankyou everyone for your advice and help! I will have pic either way here in less than a week on what I decide. I can't promise I'll end up with BV or Bal but feel that you all deserve to see what I settle on. Again, many thx for comments. Feel free to add more to my insanity! lol

The one you're looking at is a GORGEOUS bag! (Not that I've seen it IRL, only in pics.) It really boils down to how much money do you have that you are willing to spend. If you can handle the price, then get it! If it is a struggle, maybe it would be better to wait and see if you can, indeed, buy it later for a lower price. Best of luck -- I can't wait to see the reveal!