So I Made My Own Louboutins...

mtheriault6

Oct 21, 2008
Sooo i was on tpf today enjoying a lazy sunday when i came across a cl interview, i watched and said to myself, "i need louboutins or i need to see some right now!" so i went into my moms closet picked up a pair of her heels and went through her makeup and found the perfect shade of red nailpolish... and well it took me an hour but they look fab!!! :yahoo:
i wanted to post pics but i didnt know if thats considered knockoff? even though they just have red heel but dont actually say louboutin, so do you gals wanna see them?! ill post em if you wanna see em! i figured they will do until i get my mom a real pair :P! tia

~max~

Sooo i was on tpf today enjoying a lazy sunday when i came across a cl interview, i watched and said to myself, "i need louboutins or i need to see some right now!" so i went into my moms closet picked up a pair of her heels and went through her makeup and found the perfect shade of red nailpolish... and well it took me an hour but they look fab!!! :yahoo:
i wanted to post pics but i didnt know if thats considered knockoff? even though they just have red heel but dont actually say louboutin, so do you gals wanna see them?! ill post em if you wanna see em! i figured they will do until i get my mom a real pair :P! tia

~max~

Technically speaking, yes that is a "knock-off". Are you sure your mom won't freak out that you painted her shoes? lol. I'm sure they look cool, but a Louboutin shoe is a Louboutin shoe - anything else is a "knock off" as you already guessed.

I have to agree. Just having a red sole doesn't make a shoe a Louboutin. There are many knock-offs out there with red soles (like the older Oh Deer! line) and tons of China made CL counterfeits. A Louboutin shoes is about more than just the red sole. Every CL shoe is hand made and the quality that goes into them isn't something that can be recreated by taking a mass-produced shoe and painting the sole red. I really don't think the CL forum is the place to post such a picture, but I hope you enjoy them.

Her assistant. From theMarthablog.

"Karena, my wardrobe mistress, painting the soles of my Louboutins black - I am not a fan of the signature red soles and always change the red to black - this is easy if you use a broad sharpie."

ouch.

Attachments

• img_1189.jpg
    img_1189.jpg
    30.6 KB · Views: 1,077