Help me decide on a Parker for my Mom!

CoachGirlJami

Aug 16, 2009
Okay, so Thursday I went to my local boutique and bought the Parker shoulder bag (13412 - the bigger one) in cinnamon for my mom, for the FP of $358 + tax. The Parkers ended up being deleted from the boutiques the next day, and all going to the outlets. That price is a lot steep, I didn't want to spend that much, but I love my Mom, and this will be her first (and probably only) Coach (she is super-thrifty). Once she found out how much the bag was, she got furious at me, and told me she wouldn't take the bag. So, I went to the outlet and got the smaller Parker shoulder bag in Cinnamon (13442 - they didn't have the bigger one in Cinnamon) for $91.99 + tax. This will be her Christmas present - all she knows is that she is getting a Coach in cinnamon (I sent her a color swatch via email), she doesn't know what it looks like.

I'm just wondering which would be better. Someone told me that if I take the bigger Parker to my local FP store, they will do a Price Adjustment to the outlet price - is this correct? I am going back to the outlet Friday to grab another Zoe I have on charge hold - could I return the bigger Parker and immediately buy it back for the outlet price? What should I do? I really think the bigger Parker would be better, but it doesn't look like it holds any more than the smaller. Opinions, please?!

Attachments

• 13412.jpg
    13412.jpg
    22.8 KB · Views: 54
  • 13442.jpg
    13442.jpg
    23.4 KB · Views: 42
I have the shoulder size in sand. That's been at the outlet for a bit. With the coupon it was $107.00 recently not much more than the one I call the loaf of bread. I like it better for a "mom" aged person.

But the great thing about mom''s is they love youi either way...

She said she will love whatever bag I get her, but I am leaning toward the bigger. I just want this bag to be THE ONE, know what I mean? :smile: I love my Mom, and want her to have a bag that she can be proud of, and show off. Because we all know how awesome having a gorgeous bag makes us feel. :smile:

Usually when I have gone to the outlet and returned something, it usually goes in a tote behind the register to be put out at a later time (usually the next day if they are really busy and to check for markdowns!) It doesn't hurt to ask if they would allow you to buy it back! I have never heard of a FP store giving a price adjustment for an outlet store! I would love if they did that!

Lynne :smile:

Usually when I have gone to the outlet and returned something, it usually goes in a tote behind the register to be put out at a later time (usually the next day if they are really busy and to check for markdowns!) It doesn't hurt to ask if they would allow you to buy it back! I have never heard of a FP store giving a price adjustment for an outlet store! I would love if they did that!

Lynne :smile:

Yeah, I read about that in a thread over in the Coach Shopping area. I think that it has to be a super-nice SA to do something like that. After all I've spent on Coach over the last week (about $1,500, but I am done for a long time), hopefully they'll be nice to me. :smile:

I don't think the boutique will give you a price adjustment down to the outlet price.

I'd go ahead and return the FP bag to the boutique and wait for the bag to show up at the outlet.

i have the Parker shoulder bag in sand, and i really like it. I ended up picking up a chocolate zoe yesterday because i dont think my Parker is an everyday bag, i would freak out from every scratch and stain that gets on the light tan color. But i love the size of the shoulder bag, it slouches and doesn't feel like i have the bag right up under my armpit. the cinnamon color is a very pretty color tho, probably an easy color to wear. Keep your eyes peeled at the outlet tho, i've seen quite a few at my outlet for around $100.

The smaller Parker actually does hold quite a lot and is very comfy to wear. And it has a zipper, which is nice to keep your stuff from falling out. I have the larger shoulder bag in white and I tried on the smaller cinnamon bag at the outlet and it fit all my stuff, there wasn't as much extra room, but since most of the extra in the shoulder bag was "on top," it didn't much matter. It wouldn't hurt to ask at the outlet, but so far I've not heard of any cinnamon in the larger bags hitting the outlets. Some of the department stores carried the cinnamon shoulder so you might look around for some sales there, too. GL.

hmm...depends on if your mom likes zip top or is she ok with magnetic closure..
my mom is picky about open top so i bet she'll prefer the shoulder zip top far more than the other..
but as for me, i like the shoulder magnet closure because of it's shape..
jmo..
hth..

i have the Parker shoulder bag in sand, and i really like it. I ended up picking up a chocolate zoe yesterday because i dont think my Parker is an everyday bag, i would freak out from every scratch and stain that gets on the light tan color. But i love the size of the shoulder bag, it slouches and doesn't feel like i have the bag right up under my armpit. the cinnamon color is a very pretty color tho, probably an easy color to wear. Keep your eyes peeled at the outlet tho, i've seen quite a few at my outlet for around $100.

I love the sand, too, but my Mom thinks it's more summery for her, so she's set on the cinnamon. My nearest outlet is a 10-hour round trip, and my last trip for a while there will be Friday, so I have to figure out what I want to do. The SAs at that outlet are super-sweet, so maybe they'll let me return and immediately rebuy the larger bag? They know that I drove 5 hours to the outlet mall JUST to shop at the Coach store, and they love me. :smile:

The smaller Parker actually does hold quite a lot and is very comfy to wear. And it has a zipper, which is nice to keep your stuff from falling out. I have the larger shoulder bag in white and I tried on the smaller cinnamon bag at the outlet and it fit all my stuff, there wasn't as much extra room, but since most of the extra in the shoulder bag was "on top," it didn't much matter. It wouldn't hurt to ask at the outlet, but so far I've not heard of any cinnamon in the larger bags hitting the outlets. Some of the department stores carried the cinnamon shoulder so you might look around for some sales there, too. GL.

Thanks! I personally like the zipper, but the larger bag just looks more like my Mom. I know it won't hold any more, because like you said, the top part is taken up by the snap. None of my department stores here in town have ANY Parkers left. I will see if the outlet will do a PA or return/re-purchase Friday on the bigger bag. If not, she's getting the smaller one. :smile:

My mom has the second one in mushroom and it is great. It holds a lot more than it looks like it would. She also got a cute scarf to put on it that makes it look cuter.

hmm...depends on if your mom likes zip top or is she ok with magnetic closure..
my mom is picky about open top so i bet she'll prefer the shoulder zip top far more than the other..
but as for me, i like the shoulder magnet closure because of it's shape..
jmo..
hth..

I like the shape of the larger one - it just looks like my Mom. I don't think she's picky as to the closure, she buys inexpensive JC Penney clearance bags, and they usually have a zip top or snap top with a fold-over flap. I am way over-thinking this, I know, but I just want it to be perfect. :smile:

My mom has the second one in mushroom and it is great. It holds a lot more than it looks like it would. She also got a cute scarf to put on it that makes it look cuter.

Thanks for the info! If they won't do a PA on the bigger bag, my Mom is getting the smaller. I may get a cute keyfob to go on it - my Mom is not much of a scarf girl. :smile: