Need some advice.

peacegirl23

Apr 24, 2007
Hi ladies (and men for the few of you I've seen around!)

I have a question about getting a Balenciaga.
I'm looking into buying a City because I love the style and think they are gorgeous. I've never had one before and am wondering if you think it's better to buy my first bag brand new or get a pre-owned one to see if I like it?
I'm going to make it a present to myself because I graduated in May and started my job and want to celebrate somehow!

Do you like your City? Which other styles would you recommend that are very similar? Are there colors that are more expensive than others? GAH! Sorry for asking so many questions, I'm just a little excited and want to know as much as possible.
Thanks in advance!! :happydance:

Hi, welcome to Balenciaga! :heart: The City is definitely a classic! Here's a thread that might help answer some of your questions: http://forum.purseblog.com/balencia...d-me-first-balenciaga-basics-faqs-415607.html

The Work, Part-Time, and Weekender are all pretty similar to the City. The Work is like a larger version of the City, without the long zippers. The Part-Time has more of an east-west shape, and the Weekender is bigger than both. For style dimensions and prices, please see http://forum.purseblog.com/balencia...yle-numbers-prices-all-balenciaga-144151.html :tup:

The Ref Library and Clubhouse have great pictures of all these styles! The modeling thread might help too -- good luck!

Hi, welcome to Balenciaga! :heart: The City is definitely a classic! Here's a thread that might help answer some of your questions: http://forum.purseblog.com/balencia...d-me-first-balenciaga-basics-faqs-415607.html

The Work, Part-Time, and Weekender are all pretty similar to the City. The Work is like a larger version of the City, without the long zippers. The Part-Time has more of an east-west shape, and the Weekender is bigger than both. For style dimensions and prices, please see http://forum.purseblog.com/balencia...yle-numbers-prices-all-balenciaga-144151.html :tup:

The Ref Library and Clubhouse have great pictures of all these styles! The modeling thread might help too -- good luck!

Thanks! I made sure to check out the read me threads first, and they answered a few questions.. I just wanted more personal answers :smile:

Hi ladies (and men for the few of you I've seen around!)

I have a question about getting a Balenciaga.
I'm looking into buying a City because I love the style and think they are gorgeous. I've never had one before and am wondering if you think it's better to buy my first bag brand new or get a pre-owned one to see if I like it?
I'm going to make it a present to myself because I graduated in May and started my job and want to celebrate somehow!

Do you like your City? Which other styles would you recommend that are very similar? Are there colors that are more expensive than others? GAH! Sorry for asking so many questions, I'm just a little excited and want to know as much as possible.
Thanks in advance!! :happydance:

If you want to try a Bbag out, getting a new one might be easier since you can always return it. If you buy a pre-owned one, you'll have to resell it if you change your mind. Bbags have a retail price, but older or more coveted colors tend to go for more on auction sites like Ebay, Bonanzle, and online stores like RDC.

I have 2 RH Cities and really love this style. It's comfortable -- you can wear it on the shoulder or carry it by hand -- and it fits a lot! It's just a great everyday bag and depending on the color, it can be dressed up or down. Hope that helps :flowers:

If you want to try a Bbag out, getting a new one might be easier since you can always return it. If you buy a pre-owned one, you'll have to resell it if you change your mind. Bbags have a retail price, but older or more coveted colors tend to go for more on auction sites like Ebay, Bonanzle, and online stores like RDC.

I have 2 RH Cities and really love this style. It's comfortable -- you can wear it on the shoulder or carry it by hand -- and it fits a lot! It's just a great everyday bag and depending on the color, it can be dressed up or down. Hope that helps :flowers:

Thanks! After looking at the modeling thread with all of the photos and colors, I'm falling in looove. This could be detrimental to my bank account.
The twiggy, day, club.. so many choices! And I LOVE having options..

Gah! i forgot to ask a major question..
could someone explain what actually happens when you go into a b store? or into a different store? it seems a little intimidating.

and are there any great reputable sites online that deal with bbags? i know bluefly isn't exactly authorized..

Welcome to Balenciaga!
Here is an idea....if you purchase a Bbag from a department store , you can always return and get your money back if you decide the color/style does not work for you.....if you buy from a Balenciaga store, you can return for store credit only....tho I believe Bal online offers full refunds.
A Black RH City is a classic, and IMHO a great option or your first Bbag! !

Welcome to Balenciaga!
Here is an idea....if you purchase a Bbag from a department store , you can always return and get your money back if you decide the color/style does not work for you.....if you buy from a Balenciaga store, you can return for store credit only....tho I believe Bal online offers full refunds.
A Black RH City is a classic, and IMHO a great option or your first Bbag! !

Thanks! I didn't know that. I wonder if NM Last Call has Bbags at good prices?
I don't know if I'm ready to go into an actual store (besides, I'd have to go to NY unless there is one in DC?) because I'd be dealing with SAs and I've met not-so-nice ones in Chanel. Do you have to order a bag? Or could I just walk out with one?

I agree with Jira and Pilates. I'd say go for a brand new bag from a department store as your first foray into the brand. That's what I did. And then, after I feel in love, I started purchasing older colors from other sites like eBay. But the first Bal I got, I wanted to get from a store that had a good return policy. Good luck!

Welcome! I think if you're not wanting to go into a store you should start with an online order from balenciaga.com. That way you can try a style to see if you like it without leaving your home! You can also return it if you don't use it, unlike if you buy from a boutique where you can only get store credit. Barney's also has Bal online and offer a flexible return policy. Let us know what you decide.