RM Nikki, MbMJ Hillier, or HH Havana?

chickety

Apr 22, 2009
I'm in the mood to buy a bag. I'd like a run-errands-on-weekends type of bag. And I'd like it to be a hobo in a fall color.

I like the looks of all three of the bags I'm considering- RM Nikki, MbMJ Hillier, and HH Havana. With the slight edge going to RM Nikki at the moment. I've never been interested in RM before, but I'm drawn to the Nikki and love the look of RM's colored leather.

I'm just not sure. What do you think?

I'm also open to other suggestions. :smile:

Personally, I like the Hayden Harnett Havana. I think that Marc by Marc Jacobs have become too recognizable, like they are just everywhere. I love HH and the company. I have never owned a RM bag, but there are a lot of people on this forum that aren't so fond of the company and the quality.

I never bought the RM. I, too, like her style! I came so close to owning the mini nikki. The thing that stopped me was I prefer zip closures. I like to have a zipper even if I don't close it, I know I have the option of it being secure. Otherwise that is one of my favorite style bags. I, personally, love the old dog latch hardware, not the signature one. The leather is excellent.

I know. I know. No help at all! That's because I'm confused too! I love informal, casual style bags and am thinking the Balenciaga Day bag due to its supple, smooshy leather! Sorry I wasn't any help! Good luck!

I've had both the Nikki and the Havana, and tried on the Hillier. I still have the Nikki.

I think my vote would be for the Nikki. It's a great hobo and an eveyday bag, simple yet good looking and the leather is amazing. And you fold the top over, just like on the Havana, but a little bit different I guess, so it's great.

I do however love the Havana in the violet crinckled leather..ahh!

And I was on my way to buy a huge Hillier hobo a lot of times. But it's very shapeless IMO. I think the one with best shape is actually the Havana.

But my vote is still for the Nikki!

Of the three, I own a Hillier. I love the look of it, but will admit that the rolled shoulder strap can become uncomfortable after a long day of carrying it. Of course there is the option of the longer stap, but it isn't that wide and I imagine not that more comfortable. I've been interested in the RM Nikki (lately I've been drawn to hobo bags) because the stap looks so comfortable and the colors look amazing. Good luck w/ your decision!

I never bought the RM. I, too, like her style! I came so close to owning the mini nikki. The thing that stopped me was I prefer zip closures. I like to have a zipper even if I don't close it, I know I have the option of it being secure. Otherwise that is one of my favorite style bags. I, personally, love the old dog latch hardware, not the signature one. The leather is excellent.

I know. I know. No help at all! That's because I'm confused too! I love informal, casual style bags and am thinking the Balenciaga Day bag due to its supple, smooshy leather! Sorry I wasn't any help! Good luck!

No it did help :yes: thank you.

Leaning toward the Nikki still. I'm very close to pulling the trigger

Of the three, I own a Hillier. I love the look of it, but will admit that the rolled shoulder strap can become uncomfortable after a long day of carrying it. Of course there is the option of the longer stap, but it isn't that wide and I imagine not that more comfortable. I've been interested in the RM Nikki (lately I've been drawn to hobo bags) because the stap looks so comfortable and the colors look amazing. Good luck w/ your decision!

thanks for your input. The hillier would've been eliminated by now because I really like the Nikki's shape better. But I wonder if I'll regret not getting the hillier with that long strap option...

I've had both the Nikki and the Havana, and tried on the Hillier. I still have the Nikki.

I think my vote would be for the Nikki. It's a great hobo and an eveyday bag, simple yet good looking and the leather is amazing. And you fold the top over, just like on the Havana, but a little bit different I guess, so it's great.

I do however love the Havana in the violet crinckled leather..ahh!

And I was on my way to buy a huge Hillier hobo a lot of times. But it's very shapeless IMO. I think the one with best shape is actually the Havana.

But my vote is still for the Nikki!

Thank you. I think you have helped solidify my decision. I'm going to sleep on it tonight and if I wake up still wanting the Nikki, I'm ordering it. :biggrin:

I think the Hillier might be a good choice. That shoulder strap really can be invaluable, as I have a Botkier hobo with a similar detachable shoulder strap and I find myself using the shoulder strap more often. (I'm not sure about the strap drop on the Hillier's shoulder strap, but mine can be used messenger-style -- very useful for going hands-free in a pinch, even if the strap's a bit narrow.)

The HH Havana looks like it has a much longer strap drop than the RM Nikki too. You'll have to fold down the top for both, I think, but the Havana looks like it might have the edge in terms of accessibility (e.g. whilst keeping the bag on your shoulder) because of the longer strap drop. The practicality and ease of use is something else to consider, IMHO.

Overall, I think my vote's for the Hillier!

I haven't seen the MBMJ Hillier, however between the RM and HH, I like the HH best. Several weeks ago, I ordered the Nikki for my sister, and when it came, I found myself totally unimpressed. Just my opinion, of course, however I found it to be quite plain. Prior to ordering it for her, I had been contemplating getting one for myself. Thank goodness I didn't. On the other hand, I ordered a HH Havana during a recent sale and am completely satisfied with it. Having owned one previously (about three years ago), I did notice some somewhat suttle changes. They now have an adjustable strap which is something I need considering I'm so short. Also, HH leather is really soft and smooshy. Best of all, I got it for only $224!

Thank you. I think you have helped solidify my decision. I'm going to sleep on it tonight and if I wake up still wanting the Nikki, I'm ordering it. :biggrin:

You must buy the Nikki. You must buy the Nikki.

RM Nikki. RM Nikki. RM Nikiiiii!! O.O *hypnotizes you*

I only have the RM MAMM (Morning After Mini Mini) in Pool, and I've been DYING for a mini Nikki (it'll be my holiday wishlist bag XD). You must get her. She's so beautiful and yummy and when she slouches and puddles, she looks so beautiful. Plus it's RM! Her bags are ALWAYS TDF! Especially with her yummylicious colors and smooshy leather. *dies in happiness*

You must get an RM NIKKI. :drool:

I have an RM Nikki and a HH Havana. The only reason I would vote for the havana is that it is much lighter in weight, a must for a bag I would carry everyday. They are both beautiful though...

I own a Nikki, have tried on a Hillier, and have owned several HH. I say definitely a no on the MbMJ, it just didn't do anything for me. IMO, it's a little more "blah" compared to your other choices. The Nikki is a great bag-- it's nice and roomy and slouchy. Very comfortable to carry for me. I do love HH leather, but between the Havana and the Nikki, I think the Nikki looks sleeker and can be dressed up or down more so than the Havana, which I think is more casual.

Good luck in your decision!