side pockets on Hug Me - do they work for you?

ok i know i'm sad and decidedly picky about my bags, but i used my black crash Hug Me for the first time in ages yesterday... as i don't put a huge amount in it, it never looks "padded out", and so the side pockets don't always sit in line with the body of the bag. it struck me, does anyone use these side pockets on the Hug me, or are they too roomy and as a result you just don't bother? i love the general design of the bag shape, colour etc, but after using it maybe 6-8 times i can't make my mind up about the pockets.. They didn't seem to be mentioned that much on BE website when i ordered the bag, and so i was a bit surprised when it turned up with them as the pics didn't show them too well, but not sure if they spoil the simple shape for me. views please??

ok i know i'm sad and decidedly picky about my bags, but i used my black crash Hug Me for the first time in ages yesterday... as i don't put a huge amount in it, it never looks "padded out", and so the side pockets don't always sit in line with the body of the bag. it struck me, does anyone use these side pockets on the Hug me, or are they too roomy and as a result you just don't bother? i love the general design of the bag shape, colour etc, but after using it maybe 6-8 times i can't make my mind up about the pockets.. They didn't seem to be mentioned that much on BE website when i ordered the bag, and so i was a bit surprised when it turned up with them as the pics didn't show them too well, but not sure if they spoil the simple shape for me. views please??

I agree with your observation (highlighted in red above) and it irritates me. They look untidy.

I occasionally put things that I don't mind losing, like inexpensive gloves, in my Hug Me outer pockets but I wouldn't want to put anything valuable or that I loved in them because they are not very secure. I tried putting my folding umbrella in one but it made the bag hang badly when hand carried.

I agree with your observation (highlighted in red above) and it irritates me. They look untidy.

I occasionally put things that I don't mind losing, like inexpensive gloves, in my Hug Me outer pockets but I wouldn't want to put anything valuable or that I loved in them because they are not very secure. I tried putting my folding umbrella in one but it made the bag hang badly when hand carried.

agreed, it just struck me that maybe if the top of the pockets were velcroed in a couple of places, rather than with a single top press stud, they may lie flatter and not bulge out? i just felt that the description on the website wasn't that clear, as it was my first BE bag i wasn't sure what to expect and didn't want to appear awkward; wonder what it would look like with some sort of modified pockets? i love the shape of the bag, its just the pockets that annoy me!!

I actually really like side pockets. But that's because I like easy access to things like keys, gum...etc. I find the pockets deep enough and my items small enough that they seem secure. Haven't really notice it sticking out too much, but maybe I need to pay more attention. I have a chocolate matte one by the way. I think what sold me on the bag was how petite it could look while holding a lot and the pockets help that out

agreed, it just struck me that maybe if the top of the pockets were velcroed in a couple of places, rather than with a single top press stud, they may lie flatter and not bulge out? i just felt that the description on the website wasn't that clear, as it was my first BE bag i wasn't sure what to expect and didn't want to appear awkward; wonder what it would look like with some sort of modified pockets? i love the shape of the bag, its just the pockets that annoy me!!

I think that the pockets would bulge between the poppers. I suspect that they really need zips to keep them aligned.

I actually really like side pockets. But that's because I like easy access to things like keys, gum...etc. I find the pockets deep enough and my items small enough that they seem secure. Haven't really notice it sticking out too much, but maybe I need to pay more attention. I have a chocolate matte one by the way. I think what sold me on the bag was how petite it could look while holding a lot and the pockets help that out

I have most trouble with my Pewter Crash Hug Me as that leather is quite robust and the pockets seem particularly defiant. Mind you, my Large Milk Choco Pebbled Glossy pockets are quite wayward too.

Well, I appear in the minority here, but the side pockets are what make the bag for me. They keep me organized and I LOVE them. Mind you, I only ever use the LARGE Hug Mes, but in the soft pebbly leather, they look great, even when stuffed with a bit of stuff.

Well, I appear in the minority here, but the side pockets are what make the bag for me. They keep me organized and I LOVE them. Mind you, I only ever use the LARGE Hug Mes, but in the soft pebbly leather, they look great, even when stuffed with a bit of stuff.

Hi Jenny - I agree with you re the pockets. While they might not look the most glamourous I sure do love since they keep me organized!

I agree with Jenny! I love the side pockets and put my phone, lip gloss, mints and anything else small that I have in them. I have 3 and they are all crash leathers and the non-streamlined look of the pockets has not bothered me. I love the easy access. Zippers on the pockets would not work for me.

I agree w/Jenny too! Love those side pockets...I have a crash and a pebbled glossy Hug Me but I like the large pebbled glossy more and only really use the side pockets on that one. It's the best for keeping kid stuff in or odds and ends I don't want cluttering up the main compartment of my bag. :smile:

Last edited: