Tom & Katie's Wedding Fiasco, Live Coverage.

Jan 23, 2006
jennifer_lopez180.jpg

Brooke Shields prepares to board the private jet in Burbank
brooke_shields.jpg

With Tom Cruise and Katie Holmes's nuptials merely days away, some of their high-profile pals hopped a plane to Italy on Wednesday, PEOPLE has learned.

Expected wedding guests, including Brooke Shields, Jada Pinkett Smith, and Jennifer Lopez and Marc Anthony, boarded a private jet Wednesday at Burbank Airport.

Meanwhile, Cruise, 44, and Holmes, 27, were at City Hall in Rome on Wednesday.

The couple first arrived in Italy, along with an entourage of 10 people, via private jet on Monday.

Other expected wedding attendees, Victoria and David Beckham, have a shorter distance to travel for the wedding – but are struggling with what gift to get for the bride and groom.

"David and Victoria are still scratching their heads as to what is the perfect present to give them," says a source close to the couple. "It's pretty damn hard finding the ideal gift for Tom and Katie." The happy couple are scheduled to tie the knot in black-tie ceremony at the medieval, fortress-like Odescalchi Castle on Lake Bracciano, 18 miles northwest of Rome, on Saturday.

Tom Cruise may have famously jumperd on Oprah's couch declare his love for Katie Holmes, but Winfrey won't be at his wedding in Italy Saturday.

"It's not that I'm not going," Winfrey tells Extra's AJ Calloway in a segment to air on Tuesday. "It's that they had a limited number of people that they could invite. I was not one of the invitees. That's fine. I don't get invited to everyone's wedding. I don't invite them to everything I do. But I wish them the best."

J. Lo...Brooke Shields??? Huh??? Since when are TC and J. Lo friends??? Is she a Leah Remini recruit??? And Brooke forgave him as much as to attend his wedding???

BTW, Tom looks like crap in that picture. CHUNKY!!!

Here are so more pics of the CELEBS!!
The writing on the pics isn't by me, I got these pics of PEREZHILTON.COM

Attachments

• big20061116set187_404.bro.jpg
    big20061116set187_404.bro.jpg
    14.6 KB · Views: 350
  • big20061116set187_407.bro.jpg
    big20061116set187_407.bro.jpg
    28.5 KB · Views: 304
Oprah not being invited is obviously some kind of diss maybe? And Brooke Shields I can kind of understand because Tom and Brooke have been playing nice lately and I think that they've known each other for a while. But J.Lo???? Didn't see that one coming. Maybe it is because of Leah Remini. Who knows!