Leather peeling off new bag!

Hoodster777

Sectumsempra
O.G.
Jan 9, 2006
Omg, I seriously want to die right now. I bought the Butterfly China tote on the 4th of July, and I noticed today that the leather is peeling off of the bag! I've used this bag almost every day since then, but I see no reason why the leather should do that, I have bags that I've used for longer time periods that look fine. What do I do? Can I bring it to one of the boutiques for it to be fixed or something?

I attached a pic that I took with my phone so you guys can see what happened.

Attachments

• 0819091757.jpg
    0819091757.jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 2,779
This happened to my daughters one. She had to contact customer service and they did provide her a new one. They are great, fun handbags but not the best quality which reflects in the price tag.

I have bought a Juicy Marion hobo from Nordstrom and have no problems with it, the leather is getting softer with age such fantastic quality. I am sorry to hear about your bag, but there are also quality issues with the more expensive bags like Dior and Miu Miu which cost hundreds of pounds.

Where did you buy it? & was it new?
Brand new, at the flagship store on 52nd or 51st street in NYC.

dolllover, I'll try that, thank you! I'm having no luck with Juicy bags, my free tote from the outlet has a split seam, so I gotta sew that.

I know, but my cheaper bags have lasted longer than this. My $200 Marc by Marc Jacobs bag that I got on sale, which I have used consistently since December is still in fantastic shape, so I'm rather annoyed that I paid the same price, and the stupid thing can't last more than 2 months.

They contacted me and told me to send it in, which I finally did the other day. They got it in the next day cause I live close to where it had to be shipped, and they emailed me to ask me for my mailing address so they could send me a REPLACEMENT!!!! I'm so happy! The only thing is when they asked me to send it in, I also had to include 3 alternate bags that I would like in case they do not have it anymore, so I don't know if I'm getting my tote, or an alternate. Either way I'll be happy!

Hoodster, good news!
I'm glad that JC is standing behind their product. I've never had an issue with any of my JC bags, but it's good to know they have good customer service if anything goes wrong.

RE: Quality. Judging from what I've read on the other forums, problems like this will happen with any brand bag, though of course with a $1000 - $2000+ bag one would not expect it to happen very often.

Hope you enjoy your new bag, and there are no issues with this new one.

oh wow! that is crazy..peeling leather.
the one thing with the china totes, they use horse leather on them. i notice the leather has a waxy feel, so i don't know if maybe this type leather wears differently than cowhide, which we are used to.
i hope you get the same bag brand new, and with no problems!

I got the Paddlock China bag, which was one of my replacement choices. But I didn't know that they used horse leather until I saw your post, alliemia. I may bring it to a boutique for store credit, I can't use horse leather.

hoodster...take a look at the tag inside the bag to be sure. it may say horse leather, or just genuine leather, but then look at the french and it'll say cuir de cheval..which is horse leather.

i have a wristlet from that line, and it says horse leather on the tag.

I looked, it's definitely horse leather, it says cuir de cheval, but genuine leather in English. I think it should directy state that it's horseleather, it's misleading.

I tried returning it to a boutique today by saying it was a gift, but they wouldn't take it back cause I didn't have a reciept. I gotta email cs and tell them that I don't like the bag, and figure something out.

hoodster..if you like it, why not use it? i have the wristlet and i am ok with the leather being what it is. i use calf, lamb, croc and i figure it's just another hide. it is part of the leather industry.

if it really bothers you, maybe try putting it up on ebay.

I actually only carry cow/calf leather. No exotics, lamb, etc. I'm going to email them and ask if I can get one of the other replacements that I listed instead. Or just a document that I can show to the store so I can at least return it for the credit.