Regarding the Picotin: are 2 shades a custom order?

cjj

O.G.
Mar 3, 2007
Doing searches and I believe I found what I was looking for regarding a bag possibility. The lining is a different shade than the bag. Would this require a custome order or are different combos often made for sale? I'm a newbie to Hermes bags and am reading as much as I can via the threads. I didn't see anything about this (I apologize if it's somewhere!). TIA

I have one in rose shocking with the under side of the handles in vert anis and the piping on the bottom of the picotin in vert anis also. Bi-color picotins are not special orders as far as I know, they are available in the stores just depending on which combo, if any, the stores ordered.

Doing searches and I believe I found what I was looking for regarding a bag possibility. The lining is a different shade than the bag. Would this require a custome order or are different combos often made for sale? I'm a newbie to Hermes bags and am reading as much as I can via the threads. I didn't see anything about this (I apologize if it's somewhere!). TIA

I don't have bigger Picotins to know better, but my Picotin PM is unlined. And I had assumed that all Picotins are unlined, which makes them cheaper to produce by the way.

The bi-coloured Picotins are "normal" podium orders. Not special orders.

Sometimes, you see a Picotin with a body of one colour, and only the handles are of a different colour. Or you see half the Picotin in one colour, and the other other in another colour, and the colours of the handles are swopped around.

HTH.

I own Picotin MM and PM. Both interior is unlined. I presume you are referring to the underside of the handles?

I have seen a bicolor Picotin (orange and fuschia in Chevre) before and it's not a custom order.

I don't have bigger Picotins to know better, but my Picotin PM is unlined. And I had assumed that all Picotins are unlined, which makes them cheaper to produce by the way.

The bi-coloured Picotins are "normal" podium orders. Not special orders.

Sometimes, you see a Picotin with a body of one colour, and only the handles are of a different colour. Or you see half the Picotin in one colour, and the other other in another colour, and the colours of the handles are swopped around.

HTH.

Mrs.Sparkles my Picotin MM is not lined but I purchased a Picotin PM from a reseller (Luxuary Exchange) that was lined in the same color as the body but the underside of the handles were a different color. That bag was authenticated on TPF.

Thank you ladies. I "assumed" the interior was lined in the 2 shades, but realized that I've only seen the HANDLES, never the interior in the pictures. That is what makes this forum so wonderful: helpful advice without being snotty about these gorgeous bags. The more I learn, the better prepared I am for my purchase.

Boo, YOUR bag is the color combo I'm out the look-out for. I'll have to go back and see if you posted the picture I saw. Thank you! :biggrin:

Here is my Bi-Colour Picotin MM, in Potiron and Parchemin Taurillon Clemence, acquired today. I walked into the H in Boston, and they had it in the stock room.

Hermesreveal_17.jpg