Lose yourself

caitlin1214

tPF Bish
O.G.
Jul 7, 2006
When you're doing something (anything, really) do you sometimes find that you just lose yourself and you're in this trance?

I do. When I'm working out. I think it's a combination of the working out and the music I'm listening to.

I also find I do that when I'm singing. (I'll put on music, thinking I'll listen to it while I'm on The Purse Form, or Myspace, or whatever. Then I'm distracted because I just want to sing along to the music. I'm REALLY bad when it's Whitney Houston or Celine Dion, or something.)

I can definitely lose myself when I'm doing mindless or monotonous things ie. driving, washing dishes, folding laundry. Especially if there is something pressing on my mind. Exercise too, but not as often.

Driving! I have a one-hour commute to and from work, all highway. I just crank up my XM Radio (I'm partial to 70s and 80s), make sure I've got cigs, get in the fast lane, and go. Sometimes I can barely remember the drive!

^^
Haha! (Took me like, seventh months to react to that, but anyway . . .)

I swear, whenever I listen Dido's Here With Me, I have to stop what I'm doing and just sing.

Driving! I have a one-hour commute to and from work, all highway. I just crank up my XM Radio (I'm partial to 70s and 80s), make sure I've got cigs, get in the fast lane, and go. Sometimes I can barely remember the drive!

Ahhhh! Me too with getting lost while I'm driving! I'll go into this daze and it takes me a couple of minutes for me to realize that yes...the person in front of me is breaking and yes.. he is about to turn and i need to slow down. I snap out of it in the nick of time lol.

When I run, and a really good song comes on my iPod, everything seems in motion and I don't even realize i'm running. I feel like I can run forever when it happens, it's one of the best feelings :amuse:

If I'm doing a really boring and repetitive task, I can literally clear my head and think of nothing. It goes away once I make myself think of something.

I've been able to do this forever and it used to freak me out, and now it's annoying.