Horrific Dior Experience!!!!

aprilraign

O.G.
Mar 16, 2009
I purchased the Dior Lady Wallet w/ Cannage stiching, in patent leather for my friend's birthday. This friend has never owned an authentic bag and I'm trying to break her from her nasty knockoff habit. I found the wallet listed as new on Yoogi's Closet for $370 so I purchased it (reputable retailer, authenticiy card included). I presented the wallet to her and she LOVED it! Moments later she tries to zip it back up, and THE D FELL OFF THE CHARM!!!!. After searching for the same wallet on Neiman's and Saks, I found that some models of the wallet come with the charm zip, while newer?? models (or the model pictured on the Dior website) have the detachable charm and a leather pull. In lieu of sending the wallet back, we're going to see if the Dior Store will replace the charm and add the leather pull. I'm hoping this minor fix will be FREE! This will determine if I ever make another Dior purchase. :cry: My friend now thinks that the quality of designer goods aren't as good as I've been saying they were!!!

Well, I have had mutliple quality issues with designer bags, so I can honestly say that the quality is disappointing in many cases, Dior actually being one of the ones I had least problems with.

Im pretty sure Dior boutique will look after your friend and fixing the wallet. let us know how it goes!

One question : since you are not the original owner, how do you know the pull wasnt damaged by previous user/s?

unfortunately i'm thinking the chances of it being free is minor... due to the fact that its been bought secondhand and you are requesting parts (its no different if one your LV bags lost a zipper pull.. LV would charge for it)

I don't think you should dior soo harshly based on this one incident... I own several dior items and quality is second to none....

Sound like just a bit of bad luck to me... Hopefully you will consider about buying dior..

The wallet was listed as "new" on the website. It appeared new when it arrived (no smudge marks, the leather wasn't stretched etc.)

even then... it still secondhand... despite being bought new.. unless they gave u the original receipt...

like if u had bought the bag from dior or one of their approved sellers they maybe more likely to do the repair for free... anyway... best to wait for emi to answer this for you

thats why i dont trust yoogi's closet it s not a 100 percent honest . i agree with you bebepunk those are all second hand ( even if they are in gem condition its still a second hand )

usually they can only repair it for free if the bag or the wallet is defective and if you bought it from the dior store

juts one thing the warranty worls only if you repair your item at the dior store if you decide to repair your wallet somewhere else dior boutique cannot accept your wallet (or purse) for repair anymore.

I am sorry to hear that this happened :sad: but i dont really understand how the D could fall off the charm to be honest... do you have taken any pictures?
When you recieved the wallet from Yoogi's Closet, did you checked if everything worked fine? I hope that Dior can fix it for you, but I doubt that they do it for free if you don't have the store receipt... Good luck with it!
I actually never had any problems with any of my Dior items so far, so it must be bad luck for you that this happened... I hope that you are not too dissapointed with Dior though ... ;)

Older Lady Dior wallets indeed have the "D.i.o.r" charms attached directly to the zipper, while the newer series now come with detachable charms that hook on to a separate loop on the side of the wallet.

I don't mean this to sound harsh and please don't be offended or take it the wrong way, but it is irrelevant what the condition of the wallet was listed as. The fact is that you bought it through a reseller that is not authorised by Dior to sell Dior products. Nor is it relevant that the wallet arrived visually "new". It is secondhand by virtue of the simple fact that it has passed through someone else's hands and possession, and has not directly from a Dior boutique.

When you purchase through a reseller and not from the brand (and any brand at that, not just Dior) direct through one of its authorised distribution channels, you assume the risk that the product, if it later develops problems, will not be covered by the brand's aftersales service. Unless, as bebepunk has pointed out, you have been provided the original Dior purchase receipt, there is no obligation on Dior's part to cover the cost of spare parts and workmanship for you. In fact, in Australia unless you can provide proof of purchase, Dior will not necessarily take in your product for servicing, regardless of whether you pay a fee or not.

You may also wish to note that Dior will not modify or alter its designs in any way. If your wallet did not originally come with a leather pull and instead only had the charms affixed to the zipper, then it will be restored to that condition (assuming a boutique accepts your wallet for repair) and not anything else, such as adding a leather pull.

I'm sorry this has happened to your wallet but personally I think the title is a bit misleading when you did not purchase the wallet from Dior in the first instance. Quality issues can occur with any brand and of course are never pleasant, but repairs or even a replacement would be a non-issue if you had bought from Dior direct.

I'm sorry to hear about your experience and suppose it could happen with any bag. But I do have to agree with nataliam1976 in that I've also find Dior bags to be very durable. My dior bags are among the most durable in my collection. I've had several luxury designer bags fall apart, but always joke that I could take my Dior to war and back and they would still look fantastic.

i agree with you emire . dior have no obigation since it was bought through someone else hand.
do you know if when you buy dior at store like neiman marcus or saks ,dior will take it under the warranty?

i agree with you emire . dior have no obigation since it was bought through someone else hand.
do you know if when you buy dior at store like neiman marcus or saks ,dior will take it under the warranty?
Yes, you will enjoy aftersales service on your Dior products purchased at Dior concessionaires in department stores, because those are authorised distribution channels. :yes:

I purchased the Dior Lady Wallet w/ Cannage stiching, in patent leather for my friend's birthday. This friend has never owned an authentic bag and I'm trying to break her from her nasty knockoff habit. I found the wallet listed as new on Yoogi's Closet for $370 so I purchased it (reputable retailer, authenticiy card included). I presented the wallet to her and she LOVED it! Moments later she tries to zip it back up, and THE D FELL OFF THE CHARM!!!!. After searching for the same wallet on Neiman's and Saks, I found that some models of the wallet come with the charm zip, while newer?? models (or the model pictured on the Dior website) have the detachable charm and a leather pull. In lieu of sending the wallet back, we're going to see if the Dior Store will replace the charm and add the leather pull. I'm hoping this minor fix will be FREE! This will determine if I ever make another Dior purchase. :cry: My friend now thinks that the quality of designer goods aren't as good as I've been saying they were!!!

I took the wallet to the Dior store and they are repairing it for free. The customer service was outstanding! The SA told me that this issue has been bought up before and that the newer wallets were probably redesigned for this reason. In my joy over the happy ending, I walked over to the LV store and purchase Eva in Damier!!!

I took the wallet to the Dior store and they are repairing it for free. The customer service was outstanding! The SA told me that this issue has been bought up before and that the newer wallets were probably redesigned for this reason. In my joy over the happy ending, I walked over to the LV store and purchase Eva in Damier!!!
Well, that's Dior customer service for you. ;) You're very lucky.

I still think this thread title is awfully misleading, especially in light now of your happy outcome. :nogood: