What's my next bag? Help me choose between BJ birkin 30 and Prune kelly 28

as long as you've got your kelly 35...i will go for the birkin 30 first. make the collection 'completed' . after that, i will start looking for, and collecting the colour/ bag i want~~

Buy neither the prune nor the BJ. You said in your post Gold is your first choice. Stick by your initial decision.

If you absolutely must veer off the initial choice (gold), you have prune so I wouldn't repeat a color. That guideline seems to work well when my logic and emotion are dueling. HTH.

I have a Kelly Longue wallet, and it fits into my 32cm Kelly. I can pack other items in it also. If I had purchased a 28cm, I would not have enough room for my other things. A BJ Birkin would be stunning, and your Kelly wallet would fit well. If you need any visuals, I will post some later with my KL wallet in both my 30cm Birkin and my 32cm Kelly. Good luck.

Can a 28 Kelly fit in my Kelly long wallet and leave enough space for other stuff?I might add my HG colour is GOLD. [/QUOTE]
____
Loves, you have a great collection. I am a fan of prune :smile:Fellow TPFer BBC said she tried out her kelly wallet in a 28. . .but I am sorry - I forgot if she said it fitIf your HG is Gold, how about a vintage gold kelly - they should be widely availble and then maybe you can also get whichever of the two listed here you prefer?

While I love both choices, I am glad you are waiting for your hg gold. I have a gold birkin and love it. It's so hard to wait, isn't it? I am itchy to buy something right now, myself LOL.

jmen, periogirl, Bag-terfly, bagpunk, NewBVfan, 880, boo1689, lulilu

thank you for your thoughts. i'll wait for the gold

coleigh very sweet of you to offer pics :smile: but please don't have trouble yourself over this, after measuring my kelly long wallet, i can more or less imagine the amount of space it takes up in a 28 kelly. but thank you!

Because you already have a prune bag, I'd suggest going for the Birkin in BJ. I think it will provide some nice color to your collection.

It also depends on what you wear a lot of though - will BJ fit into your wardrobe as easily as (I assume) prune does? If not, then perhaps going for the prune kelly would be a better choice (who says you can't have too many of the same color anyway?)

You should definitely be able to fit in a Kelly longue in a 28, but I'm not sure if that will leave you with much space for anything else.

I agree with Pyrexia!

AnythingHermes thanks... i've decided to not get the BJ birkin but wait for the Gold instead.

now the prune kelly however is another matter altogether, it can totally work with my wardrobe. so many times i wear something and reach for the prune lindy only to think the colour works but not the (shape) bag. however i'd rather not repeat a colour if possible.

Last edited: