What's my next bag? Help me choose between BJ birkin 30 and Prune kelly 28

loves

O.G.
Sep 19, 2008
If I have loads more cash, I'd go for both but since this is real life, I need to make a choice. I'm pretty stuck between the two,

a Birkin 30 in Bleu Jean and a prune 28 Kelly, both in swift

Let me start with what I have first:

Prune clemence Lindy 30
Etoupe clemence Lindy 30
Natural barenia Picotin PM
GP in toile/leather
Black 35 fjord Kelly
and a Kelly Long wallet in Chevre Mysore

I love Prune. It really goes with a lot of stuff in my wardrobe, imo. I don't have a Bleu Jean or a birkin.

I love the shoulder strap in a Kelly but I think like any other tote, a Birkin is easier to get in and out of.

Can a 28 Kelly fit in my Kelly long wallet and leave enough space for other stuff?

I might add my HG colour is GOLD.

Arrgh. help. please

Last edited:
Because you already have a prune bag, I'd suggest going for the Birkin in BJ. I think it will provide some nice color to your collection.

It also depends on what you wear a lot of though - will BJ fit into your wardrobe as easily as (I assume) prune does? If not, then perhaps going for the prune kelly would be a better choice (who says you can't have too many of the same color anyway?)

You should definitely be able to fit in a Kelly longue in a 28, but I'm not sure if that will leave you with much space for anything else.

Because you already have a prune bag, I'd suggest going for the Birkin in BJ. I think it will provide some nice color to your collection.

It also depends on what you wear a lot of though - will BJ fit into your wardrobe as easily as (I assume) prune does? If not, then perhaps going for the prune kelly would be a better choice (who says you can't have too many of the same color anyway?)

You should definitely be able to fit in a Kelly longue in a 28, but I'm not sure if that will leave you with much space for anything else.

thanks pyrexia, i'm just wondering how much more space is there left after the Kelly long wallet goes in the 28 Kelly.

i'm also thinking of adding a colour into my collection.

Tough one :Push: Once again it shows, how much :thinking: one has to do with H.
My advice is 60% gut and 40% brain: If I were you, I'd take the prune kelly. Yes, it is small but my guess is, you might use it more as a handybag than a tote. (since you also have the lindy for casual style - is that one big enough for your daily needs?).

Since you don't have a birkin, I'd then start workin on one in GOLD. It's a classic - great, versatile colour! Hope, this helps at least a bit. :smile:

Tough one :Push: Once again it shows, how much :thinking: one has to do with H.
My advice is 60% gut and 40% brain: If I were you, I'd take the prune kelly. Yes, it is small but my guess is, you might use it more as a handybag than a tote. (since you also have the lindy for casual style - is that one big enough for your daily needs?).

Since you don't have a birkin, I'd then start workin on one in GOLD. It's a classic - great, versatile colour! Hope, this helps at least a bit. :smile:

i totally agree on the amount of brainwork needed prior to buying H.

doesn't apply when in store, that's when the mouth works by saying "YES I'LL TAKE IT" without consulting the brain.

yes the lindy is big enough for my daily needs.

you're right about my hg, it is a gold HAC 32 or if i can't get the HAC, then a gold birkin 30

Wait for a gold birkin. It's what you really want. If you have the very large Kelly long wallet you will not be able to fit much more into a 28 Kelly. It will fit in a birkin much better. Gold is plentiful so just be patient and before you know it, your HG will materialize.

That's a tough one. I would say you need a fun colour and BJ fits the bill, but prune is so good in swift. Personally, I would go for BJ in togo. Is the birkin the exact specs you want? Don't settle. If you want gold, wait for gold.

If you are getting the kelly from the store, ask the SA to let you try the KL wallet in the kelly. You did not state if it is retourne or sellier, so I'm going to assume it is retourne since it is swift. It should be able to fit more stuff, but with the turnlock of the wallet in the way, you have to be a very good packer. Small tissue, keys and a lippie should not be a problem.

if you need to buy either...

I will go for BJ...... your need a pop of colour in your current collection and there is no birkin in your current collection. I love the ease of access of a birkin.

But if you can wait, i will say wait for your gold. I am not sure if your HG gold is in a kelly or birkin. If kelly, then even the local shop might be able to get it soon. Jadeite got it quite soon after requesting for it, just a few months, a 35cm Gold Togo Retourne Kelly.

hermesmonkey, LyannaStark, robee, jeszica and ladyhermes

my sincerest thanks. yes, i think i'll wait for my hg.

also many thanks hermesmonkey, LyannaStarkfor the info on kelly long wallet in the teeny 28 :smile:

If I have loads more cash, I'd go for both but since this is real life, I need to make a choice. I'm pretty stuck between the two,

a Birkin 30 in Bleu Jean and a prune 28 Kelly, both in swift

Let me start with what I have first:

Prune clemence Lindy 30
Etoupe clemence Lindy 30
Natural barenia Picotin PM
GP in toile/leather
Black 35 fjord Kelly
and a Kelly Long wallet in Chevre Mysore

I love Prune. It really goes with a lot of stuff in my wardrobe, imo. I don't have a Bleu Jean or a birkin.

I love the shoulder strap in a Kelly but I think like any other tote, a Birkin is easier to get in and out of.

Can a 28 Kelly fit in my Kelly long wallet and leave enough space for other stuff?

I might add my HG colour is GOLD.

Arrgh. help. please

Wait for the GOLD.

loves, I suggest you write down exactly what you want. I've been through this confusing stage too. Write down the size, leather, colour and hw that you want so that you don't settle or have too many duplicates.

My list is helping me very much to focus, otherwise I'd have ended up with quite a few more bags now... wait, like it's a bad thing? :P

loves, I suggest you write down exactly what you want. I've been through this confusing stage too. Write down the size, leather, colour and hw that you want so that you don't settle or have too many duplicates.

My list is helping me very much to focus, otherwise I'd have ended up with quite a few more bags now... wait, like it's a bad thing? :P
:graucho:

i will wait for my gold HG hac or birkin.

good idea, thanks! i should write down what i want and need and what colour for my future retourne kelly 28