Got My Med Flap.. but it's defective.. need advice pls!

chic02latz

Mar 1, 2009
i got my chanel shipment today... 2 disappointments: my WOC wasn't in the box (apparently will come in a different shipment), and i found a loose thread on the quilt stitching (please see the 3rd pic)... so i need some advice...

1. i think the defect is big enough for me to send it back... should i ask them to pay for shipping costs?? i just never sent things back (too lazy usually), but i think i expect perfection for 2k+ bags...
2. i'm struggling to fit all my stuff in the med flap... i love the look better than the jumbo on me... but should i go for the jumbo instead of this size? will it look too big on me? i'm 5'5"/105. or should i go with the reissue size 226 (between this size and the jumbo)... i just love the concept of worry-free caviar though...

thanks so much in advance!!! :biggrin:

Attachments

• chanel med cf 1.JPG
    chanel med cf 1.JPG
    189.1 KB · Views: 122
  • chanel med cf 2.JPG
    chanel med cf 2.JPG
    190.6 KB · Views: 146
  • chanel med cf 3.JPG
    chanel med cf 3.JPG
    190 KB · Views: 304
  • chanel med cf 4.JPG
    chanel med cf 4.JPG
    108.1 KB · Views: 175
  • chanel med cf 5.JPG
    chanel med cf 5.JPG
    109.4 KB · Views: 206
Have you checked to see if the thread is going to unravel more or is it just a trailing thread at the end of a stitch? You might be able to snip that off if it's just trailing and not actually unraveling.

I think this size you have is lovely on you. I think you can carry the larger sizes without any problem.

oh no that won't do.... send it back for one you truly have an interest in. You could try the 226 or 227 just to get a little more room for your liking. Sorry I do not know what the equivalent of a jumbo is.

^ thanks rainrowan!! i *think* the jumbo is about the same size to the 227... i'm debating between the jumbo and the reissue 226.. or get the same med flap and try streamlining... i really love the look of the med size, BUT i don't know if it's going to be a hassle in fitting my essentials in there... :P

while the medium looks great on you, if you have difficulty fitting all your stuff inide, it's gonna take away from your enjoyment. i say return the medium since it's defective anyway (no idea what to do about shipping costs?) and try on a 226 to see if it's better. i don't think a jumbo would be too big on you, though, there are plenty of petite people who rock the jumbo :yes:

I think if the med doesn't fit all your stuff, u should get the jumbo. I wolud exchange it for jumbo if I were you. And if u do decide to get the med, u should still exchange it for a new one. I agree for the price u pay, u should get a perfect bag and be happy about it. HTH ;)

while the medium looks great on you, if you have difficulty fitting all your stuff inide, it's gonna take away from your enjoyment. i say return the medium since it's defective anyway (no idea what to do about shipping costs?) and try on a 226 to see if it's better. i don't think a jumbo would be too big on you, though, there are plenty of petite people who rock the jumbo :yes:

thanks shells!!! yeah, i don't wanna be petty about the shipping costs... i might just send it via ground instead of overnight... those shipping costs add up if i have to send it back to them and then they send a new bag to me via overnight... :P (i'm so impatient when it comes to bags, shoes, and accessories...)

love the look of the med flap, but you're right that it may not get used if the size is not right... i may "test drive" this bag at home tonight and see if i can fit my bare essentials and try to get stuff in and out with ease... ;) if not, then i'll go with the larger... thanks again for the advice :biggrin:!

Jumbo or 226

thanks ryry!!! oh how much i'd love to be sent out of town right now... so i can try those bags on... arrrggghhhh... my boss loves me too much to keep me on his account at all times... sigh... i'm being alouette right now... carrying the bag around and see if i can take stuff in and out easily... i kept messing up the organization, and then it's hard to put my wallet back in... :sad: i'm such a dork! lol!

thanks ryry!!! oh how much i'd love to be sent out of town right now... so i can try those bags on... arrrggghhhh... my boss loves me too much to keep me on his account at all times... sigh... i'm being alouette right now... carrying the bag around and see if i can take stuff in and out easily... i kept messing up the organization, and then it's hard to put my wallet back in... :sad: i'm such a dork! lol!

lol - you crazy girl! Absolutely send that baby back! That coming from someone that was going to glue her own maxi booboo. It sounds too like the bag is probably too small for you. I don't think you will enjoy using that bag if it is a pain to get things in and out or if you really can't take everything you need with you. I think the jumbo or a 227 reissue would be great. Even a maxi would look fine on you. I am 5'5" too but haven't been 105 lbs since before I was pregnant with the twins. I need to give up my wine and get serious about getting the last fifteen lbs off. You look absolutley great in your modeling pics - and would in whatever bag you are carrying!

I will definitely send it back if Im in ur shoes. The m/l size looks prefect on u! If u really cant fit ur daily essentials, u might want to try the 226 reissue size. For the jumbo or 227, may seem the way a little big on u. Juz my 2 cents.
Anyway, good luck~!:smile:

I think the m/l size just look perfect on you. Before getting my Jumbo and 226, my original idea was to get m/l size. But after reading all the feedback here and I love big bags, I decided to go for the Jumbo since I can put more daily essential things into it. However, last time when I was trying Jumbo in Chanel shop, I also tried the reissue and immediately I fall in love with it. Since I do not want to have both bags in bigger size, thus I decided to go for 226.

After owning both of them for more than 1 week now, I use my Jumbo more often as sometimes I really have difficulties to even close it. I have no problem to use it for night as I do not have to bring my sunglasses then.

What you can do is to shorten the Jumbo's strap (try to tie it with something, this is what the Chanel SA taught me) and probably it look ok and not that big size on you. This is how I do it now and I love it with shorter strap.

lol - you crazy girl! Absolutely send that baby back! That coming from someone that was going to glue her own maxi booboo. It sounds too like the bag is probably too small for you. I don't think you will enjoy using that bag if it is a pain to get things in and out or if you really can't take everything you need with you. I think the jumbo or a 227 reissue would be great. Even a maxi would look fine on you. I am 5'5" too but haven't been 105 lbs since before I was pregnant with the twins. I need to give up my wine and get serious about getting the last fifteen lbs off. You look absolutley great in your modeling pics - and would in whatever bag you are carrying!

thanks bagladee! you are one hot mama!! i hope that someday i could be just as hip and hot as you are!! :biggrin:

OMG... i just recalled how you were going to glue the defective piece on your maxi... hillarious!!! i'm glad that you got the perfect one now... :yahoo: