How would you interpret this second chance offer acceptance from a seller?

lorihmatthews

A taste for the arts
O.G.
Oct 7, 2006
I sent a seller an offer for a pair of Miss Trish sandals from Target for $25. She had them listed for $50, which I thought was high because I know they were only retailing for $30.

She emailed me back with a counteroffer of $36, which I thought was fine. Her email said:

Hi, I can accept $36.00 which would include tracking and insurance. This is much lower than $49.99 + $6.95 ship....$56.94 total. I look forward to your reply.

So I accepted this, and she sent me an invoice. I assumed that the $36 offer included shipping but she charged me an extra $6.95 for shipping.

I emailed her questioning it but I have not heard back yet. Just wondering if anyone interpreted her email as I did.

UMMMMM.... tracking & insurance is a part of shipping...?? So I would have interpreted this to mean SHIPPED w/ track & ins.

I would have interpreted it that way too, but the wording is a little bit slippery....
I can't wait to hear the response you get from the seller.

OT: Lori, was it for the white bee sandals? I bought a pair on sale at Target, and they're my all time favorite! I had to go to 4 different Targets to find my size.

Nope, not the white bee sandals, the hot pink turtle wedges.

The seller got back to me and wouldn't agree to the $36 including shipping so I caved and I'm paying $36 + $6.95 shipping. Oh well.

Seller responded, Hi, I can accept $36 which would include tracking and insurance

I think you need to get that clarified,, but would think that tracking and insurance is part of shipping

Maybe she wants you to compensate her for the gas to drive to the post office?

I think her response is unprofessional..

Enjoy the sandals as it sounds like you want them