Getting "topys" on Prada flats?

lovelychloe

Jan 7, 2008
Hi ladies! I have a question for all the experts on shoe resoling. I recently purchased a cute pair if Prada flats that I adore, but the bottoms are leather soles. I wore them a couple of times and they already show much wear.

So, I recently emailed Factotum (company in OC in Cali) about the shoes getting "topy-ed" and the owner gave me an estimate of $65 for full soles.
Is this a reasonable price or too high?

Any advice would be much appreciated! Thanks so much in advance! :biggrin:

I typically get the half-soles done and they cost about $22 CAD. I have gotten a few full soles too and they cost about double that, so I agree that the price is a bit high. Do you have to pay for shipping too?

I think that price is high. You should be able to take them to a local cobbler who specializes in high end shoes to do them for less.

I agree -- getting them done at a local store shouldn't cost as much, and you'll also be able to check on the shoes when you pick them up to make sure that the new soles are attached properly.

Wow! Thank you for all your advice! :biggrin:
Everyone has helped from making a costly decision.

Do you have to pay for shipping too?
No, I do not. Factotum is actually a company that has 5 locations in the OC in CA. I would have to stop into one of their shops for any service.

I live in Diamond Bar in CA, so I do not know of any reputable cobblers in the area that have experience working with designer shoes. There are only local shoe repair shops and none had the experience I was looking for.

My shoes are totally flat like Lanvins. Would half soles be better than full soles?

I am still searching the cobbler who will do the job at a reasonable price.

Wish me luck ladies & thank you again!