SOS! How does one fit all necessities into a Medium flap?

npps

O.G.
Aug 16, 2009
Hello, I am a new kid on the block and for my 39 birthday, I bought myself a medium Classic flap in gunmetal grey. I am a converted LV lover....and used to larger bags. How does one fit all they need into this beautiful medium Classic flap and yet not overload it? This baby look and feel sooooo delicate next to my overlarge LVs....even my Hermes Kelly look huge next to it. I am actually really nervous to use it....sooo delicate it is.

Also, did I make a mistake choosing this colour against the new season's fuschia pink?

Attachments

• Imported Photos 00000.JPG
    Imported Photos 00000.JPG
    29.9 KB · Views: 686
Last edited:
Hi npps! I love the color of your bag. It looks more bronze in the picture to me but I guess that's the flash acting up.

I am a recent medium flap convert! Mind you I never thought that the jumbo was big enough but now I'm finding the medium flap to be more than enough.

This is what I carry in my medium flap:
Chanel quilted change wallet(fits notes,cards and coins)
House keys
1 Iphone
1 Nokia E71
1 Pack of tissues
1 Lipgloss
1 Compact

And with room to spare!! I also love the back pocket for things like receipts or parking tickets.

Hope that helps :smile:

Hi! I think the new metallic grey is pretty!! As for whether or not you made the right choice, (metallic) lambskin v. caviar (and other leathers) is a personal preference... I happen to prefer the latter haha, but can appreciate the beauty of the former. :P

With medium flaps, you gotta downsize, plain and simple. I usually carry a small wallet or card holder (if I'm not too lazy to find one haha), keys, misc. makeup items, and stash my cell in the pocket in back of the clasp. Most of the time, that's all I need anyway.

However, if I know I have to carry more (an all day outing, or something), then I probably won't carry my medium flap. I think the metallic grey you have is a gorgeous, dressier bag... not to say that you can't use it during the day, but that color/finish in a medium is more evening to me. Usually in the evening, we need less anyway, right? :P

attachment.php

OMG... this is sooo better than fuschia!!! beautiful choice for a 1st! pls post more pics (modelling?)!

ok, like you, i practically live in my Mahina -- aka, my workhorse, aka, mommy toolbox... but after carrying a medium flap, i was surprised myself that there's life in small bags after all!

in mine... a little cardholder/wallet, mini cam, pack of wet wipes, mini bottle of alcohol, mini cologne-spritzer, compact, lip balm & sunnies in fabric pouch. my slim phone stays at the back pocket for easy access.

try her out!

Wow, your bag is beautiful! For me, I do have trouble with the medium size. I only use it when I am going out in the evening and know I won't need most of the stuff I carry around. I have a long zip around wallet and don't ever change to a smaller one though.

You (Purse_anality)are my inspiration! How in the world do you manage to fit so many into such a tinnny bag? :confused1:

I do live in my Mahina XL too and because I have two young ones, the size comes in handy for all those extra tiny cardies, socks, bibs..etc

I must learn from you and try to find "mini" size everything...or do without when I am out and about with this lovely bag. :P

Last edited:
Wow, your bag is beautiful! For me, I do have trouble with the medium size. I only use it when I am going out in the evening and know I won't need most of the stuff I carry around. I have a long zip around wallet and don't ever change to a smaller one though.

I know what you mean about changing wallets. I am stuck to my LV zippy organiser and I do not even dare think about fitting it into this new baby of mine. Although the length would fit, the weight would cause irreparable damage to the structure!

You made the right choice this is an all weather color. Just bring the most necessary stuff you regulardly carry. LIke I carry:small wallet, comb, mini pressed powder, lipstick, eyeglasses, pen and a small pouch of tissue.

Hi! I think the new metallic grey is pretty!! As for whether or not you made the right choice, (metallic) lambskin v. caviar (and other leathers) is a personal preference... I happen to prefer the latter haha, but can appreciate the beauty of the former. :P

With medium flaps, you gotta downsize, plain and simple. I usually carry a small wallet or card holder (if I'm not too lazy to find one haha), keys, misc. makeup items, and stash my cell in the pocket in back of the clasp. Most of the time, that's all I need anyway.

However, if I know I have to carry more (an all day outing, or something), then I probably won't carry my medium flap. I think the metallic grey you have is a gorgeous, dressier bag... not to say that you can't use it during the day, but that color/finish in a medium is more evening to me. Usually in the evening, we need less anyway, right? :P

You are so very right, this colour indeed is more for evenings. I suppose that was why I bought it in the first place as I am lacking a good evening bag and I do not like clutches. I went for this colour rather than black, thinking it is less boring than black (no offense to readers who like black bags) or beige.

I am in trouble now though because one look and one feel and I am HOOKED on the Chanel flaps! And I know my heart is already straying to some other colour I can use more often and in the day as well....like the pink....wonder how long I will last before the next Chanel flap....sigh...and I am still yet to take this baby out...greedy ME!

Gorgeous bag. I have a black medium lambskin and I have to downsize what I take out.

I have my iphone, keys, gum, lipbalm and my wallet is reduced down to a tiny wallet which only holds cards. After that, nothing else fits.

It will probably be my only medium flap in my collection

I love the color. She's so unique. I am getting the 09A dark silver reissue in Large size becoz my fushia medium flap doesn't fit much. Especially in Hong Kong when it rains so much, I need something bigger to fit my umbrella.