Marine or Tempete City?

sosaksy

Aug 22, 2008
Hello,

I'm fairly new to Balenciaga. I got my first one last November, a GGH Marine city. But now, Im thinking of getting a city with regular hardware instead because I think it's more classic. I can't really keep both bags, so what should I do, switch my GGH city for a city with regular hardware? I was thinking of getting the tempete city instead, with regular hardware, after seeing some of the pictures in this thread. What would you do?

I'd say keep the Marine.
Marine is the loveliest and a dark shade of blue. It goes with everything and is very chic. While GGH is heavy and bling bling, I'd say it's still a classic.

This is tough. I have a Marine '08 Day and a Tempete City. While the leather on my Marine is probably better, I think that I'm more fond of Tempete as I consider it a chameleon color. GGH is lovely, though I don't find it to be as versatile as RH. Since you seem to be inclined toward something more classic, I say go for the RH Tempete. Please post photos when you decide!

Both colors are really pretty, but which matters more to you -- hardware or color? It sounds like you're seriously contemplating an RH City, but if you still like Marine, how about holding out for a Marine RH City?

I would definitely not give up Marine GGH! I am in love with giant hardware, especially GOLD giant hardware. I recently got a RH but really it doesn't quite do it for me.

I'm partial to RH because GGH just doesn't work for me... I feel that RH is a more classic look that will better stand the test of time - but that's ME. Everyone has different tastes. I think you will need to decide which look you prefer. If you can, go to the store with your Marine GGH and try out the Tempete RH - and see which one works better on you.

ehc2010 - I'm sorry to hear the Aqua's not working out for you :sad:

I just got a marine ggh and I am totally in love with the color of the handbag and how the ggh looks with the marine. I also have a rh, but not marine and I do admit that I felt the same way as you after carrying the rh. It seemed to go with more outfits and not stand out so much as the ggh or even gsh(which I also have) I fortunate enough to own a couple of bags of different colors and hardwares, If you can only have one, why not choose something that can go with everything such as rh. My little rh bag goes with everything, although it is a neutral color (mastic). Sometimes I feel like the giant hardwares can be a little much with a certain outfit I may be wearing that day. Really, go with your gut instinct, I always find this to be true.

It'd be a shame to let go a beautiful GGH Marine but of GGH is not really your thing then go for the RH Tempete. I personally love GGH and with Marine it's just sooo classic!

um, actually i will choose upon the leather...as i think both colors & combos are very nice and should be easy to go with many different outfits...
i am not sure about your marine GGH city...but i saw a marine GGH work has the best leather that i have ever seen!