If you are partial to one kind of Prada leather..are you partial to others?

luv2shophandbag

Shallow & Obsessed
Feb 5, 2007
I have recently become obsessed with Prada..but just in the cervo antik leather.

I am wondering if anyone else out there is like me..in that if you are partial to the shiny leather, does the antik turn you off?

If you like the leather bags, do you also like the nylon???

I suppose it's a matter of opinion, and in my opinion Prada has the best leather, period. I don't know what they do, but they make the leather in every one of their bags better than any other leather I've seen. I love all of them. No thank you to nylon.

I'm a sucker for Prada's lambskin ANYTHING and suede shoes.

I absolutely adore the softness and silky feel of lambskin.

I also personally vouch for Prada shoes in suede. the suede is of the highest quality and very soft to the touch. No to mention, comfortable to wear too!

Great question:smile: So far I absolutely love my Vitello Daino bags, and just recently picked up a Cervo Bandoliere (sp?)messenger...can someone tell me what to expect from the Cervo leather?

I noticed that the Vitello is more pebbled,seems indestructable & the Cervo feels softer to the touch....am I right or is my messenger just really worn LOL.

How do I care for Cervo? It looks a bit lack-luster, Id love for it to have the same sheen that my Vitello has, is it possible?

So far though I am amazed at Prada leather...love it!! I truly feel there is nothing like it...I have a pair of Daino boots from last year & the look better with each wear,cant wait for fall:smile:

^^tell me about it. Every time I walk into my closet I get a whiff of the most intoxicating leather smell. I realize that it's my vit daino red hobo sitting on a shelf. mmm mmm good!

I am definitely partial to only some types of the Prada leathers. From the current collection - am NOT a fan of the Vitello Shine, but love the Cervo Shine. I hope I'm using the right terms - grabbing them off Neimans site and sometimes I think they make stuff up. I like the deerskin and lambskin bags the best although the calf ones seem to hold up really well.

And I love the nylon - wasn't a fan at first, but I have young kids and it's been terrific to carry a nice bag that I don't freak out when my 4 year old reaches out and touches it. :smile:

Hi!:smile:

I am new in this forum and I am contemplating on buying my first Prada bag.

I want to know more about the types of leather that the Prada bags are made. I want to know which ones are durable and will not cause problems in the future like flaking, fading, etc.

I am thinking of getting the BN1407 nappa gaufre in nero. What kind of leather is this bag made of? Is the leather of the nappa gaufre durable? Meaning will the quality of the bag and the leather last a very very long time.

TIA.