So ALL we own is LV, Gucci, Chanel?

Darker My Love

***** Lite
Dec 20, 2008
**Please don't see this as a diss, but I feel the need to say something at this point**

I go over to the bag showcase thread every so often just to see what everyone's got going on, but all you see over there, in abundance, are:

Louis Vuittion
Chanel
Hermes
Gucci

I have yet to see one collection that isn't rich with these.

And while it's great that some of you can afford multiples of these brands, I think it keeps people with "lower end" brands from showcasing theirs (and I know that's not your problem, this is just a rant and a cry to see something different)

It would be nice to see a showcase with "mid-level" or lesser known high end brands.. LV didn't put the stamp on elegance (or even the adhesive, but that's just my opinion)

Tod's anyone? Mulberry? Valentino? Jimmy Choo? YSL?

Treesje? Marc by Marc Jacobs? Furla? Cole Haan?

I know you're out there! Share! :smile:

Well, I own one from each brand that I love.....I have a Chloe Paddington, Fendi Spy, YSL Muse, Jimmy Choo Ramona, Prada Gauffre, Chanel Maxi, Alexander Wang Coco, Balenciaga City, Marc Jacobs Stam......I like variety, but all of my bags are black!!!!

**Please don't see this as a diss, but I feel the need to say something at this point**

I go over to the bag showcase thread every so often just to see what everyone's got going on, but all you see over there, in abundance, are:

Louis Vuittion
Chanel
Hermes
Gucci

I have yet to see one collection that isn't rich with these.

And while it's great that some of you can afford multiples of these brands, I think it keeps people with "lower end" brands from showcasing theirs (and I know that's not your problem, this is just a rant and a cry to see something different)

It would be nice to see a showcase with "mid-level" or lesser known high end brands.. LV didn't put the stamp on elegance (or even the adhesive, but that's just my opinion)

Tod's anyone? Mulberry? Valentino? Jimmy Choo? YSL?

Treesje? Marc by Marc Jacobs? Furla? Cole Haan?

I know you're out there! Share! :smile:

Valentino and YSL are considered "mid-level"? Um, since when? :nuts:

Before too long I should have a group photo of my wee tiny collection of bags: a handful of really old beaded/metallic bags, 1 vintage Aigner, 1 Cole Haan, 2 MbMJ, and 4 Coach (I'm near an outlet). Chanel is on my dream list, but I can honestly say that even if I were extremely wealthy I'd still have the bags I do because I like them (of course, I'd also have lots more and some higher-end ones to boot!) :graucho:

I enjoy seeing a variety of bags - high and low end.

I've seen threads with brands, different from those. Tonij has a great thread with indie designers, for one. But I agree with you, most threads are filled with those brands.

I've seen all kinds of bags featured in the showcases, but I think some people prefer to show what they have in the subforums that they like. I haven't posted in the bag showcase, but I have shown my BE bags in the BE subforum.

As for LV, Gucci, Chanel, and Hermes, I skip over the collections that feature those designers because I'm not interested in those brands.

I think a lot of people have these brands because in the purse world, for those that can afford them, they're staple pieces. I know I have a a couple fendis, a couple guccis, burberry, dior, but I also have a lot of other mid range designers too: coach, rebecca minkoff, 49 sq miles, lamb, dooney etc.

I would like to see more people post their collections though. I love looking at Gucci and Chanel, but love to see more marc jacobs or ysl too!!!

I have only looked at a few of the bag collection threads but I remember seeing a lot of those brands you listed and also a few bags like guess and target bags too, I think a lot of people have LV and chanel but there seems to be a lot of lower-end bags as well.

I don't just buy from one brand. It depends on if I like the style and it has to capture my attention. I have a Fendi hobo bag, Prada nylon messenger bag, Coach wallet, Dooney Burke bag, Versace hanbag. I like bright colors, so I have orange, red, pink and the std black. I love all kinds of bag so I don't stick to just one brand. I like to mix it up!