Where is your Burberry made in?

maro888

I want more bags...
O.G.
May 7, 2006
I need a bit of a help.
My friend has a burberry bag that is made in china. She asked me if it is authentic. I cannot tell as it looks good to me but I am no expert in burberry...is there any authentic burberry that is made in china?

TIA

Actually... I believe that some are made in China. I had bought a Burberry bag from Nordstroms several months ago and it said inside that it was made in China :confused1: (I will double check this with the bag later). But it was not one of their Novacheck bags it was a metallic one. I think all their check bags are made in Italy.

I ordered one from Burberry USA online and it was made in China. It was a Burberry London canvas tote which turned out to be too big for me.

I also have two Burberry London bags and two Burberry Prorsum bags. They are all made in Italy.

All of my Burberrys (5) purses, wallets, etc...all made in Italy.

Is the Blue Label Burberry stuff made in China? I can't see the purses I bought being made in China...no way!!!

China has license to make local Burberry - they are not imitation or fakes - bear the same logo and packaging and store concept - the price is a lot cheaper than the normal Burberry. Similarly, in Japan, Burberry has a few spin-off lines, and the most popular one would be the Blue Label Burberry - I believe they are made in China as well. Indonesia has license to make POLO Ralph Lauren, and in Malaysia, we have licencse to make Balenciaga - unfortunately not any of the BBags :sad:

I think Burberry do make bags in China now, although not every model. As for the price, I think one big part that determines the price is the need. As long as people are willing to pay, they do not need to justify that the price is "reasonable". (In fact, I believe the price is much much higher than the real cost of making it for almost all the high-end bags.)

Another example is Mulberry. They do make bags in China and in Turkey, as well as in England. And their leather bags are usually around $1000...

Yes, some Burberry bags are made in china. if you notice in the burberry website (US location) where you can shop online, bags that are made in china will be noted "imported" whereas those made in italy will be clearly stated "made in italy".

I was in Holt Renfrew (Canada's version of Saks or Nordstrom) a month ago and have seen nova checks tagged "made in china".