How to store a bar of soap for your face

MissVirgo

Aug 11, 2009
I bought a bar of soap for my skin. Does anyone know how to preserve and keep it sanitized? I normally use liquid soap on my face and body so I just wanted to know if you store bar soap for your face differently? Do you put it in a case or one of those wooden bar slats?

Miss V, Doesn't seem like a silly question at all! In fact, I just got some bar soap for my face (I usually use liquid) and was wondering the exact same thing. :yes:
Thanks for the thread!

There's a section in Target that has travel containers and mini sized toiletries. They have plastic cases in that section that hold a standard bar of soap and they have the little drainage holes in the bottom. They're really cheap too, like $1! :smile:

There's a section in Target that has travel containers and mini sized toiletries. They have plastic cases in that section that hold a standard bar of soap and they have the little drainage holes in the bottom. They're really cheap too, like $1! :smile:

I second this. I used to use bar soap on my face, and I stored mine in the little cheap cases from Target. They come in a variety of colors too...

I used to hate bar soaps until I went to Europe and saw the magnetic soap holders. These are little posts that you install on the walls near your sinks that have a magnet, then you screw a little metal disc into your bar of soap. Magic!! You don't have a gross, goopy dish, soap residue or anything. Just a perfectly dry bar waiting for you right next to the sink.

Every single person that visits us is amazed by how cool they are. How is it that this simple idea hasn't caught on here?? You can find them through an internet search and they aren't even very spendy, but I've never seen a US company that stocks them.

LoL, Really cute idea!!! It took the pic for me to realize what you were talking about, lol

What do you do when the soap gets small? does it still work? AND isnt there a sharp screw thing in there? ever poke yourself? hehe