BAG stores in NYC - some news

beeb

O.G.
May 29, 2008
Sorry, I couldn't find the original thread on BAG, but I wanted to give you all an update.

First of all, they have a new second location! It's about 10 minutes away from the original but according to the sales girls it's 4 times the size!
The new one is at 94 Orchard Street.

Ok, here's the part that the rest of you non-NYC'ers care about: they have older bags. I didn't see ANY Fall 09'ers aside from a few Bella leather and a few of something like Bella. They don't charge sales tax if you're not in NY, and they ship for a flat rate of $10 in the US.

Mulberry Street phone number: 212-941-0205
Orchard Street phone number: 212-260-0006

Now I hate to hijack my own thread, and I hope I don't get sniped by a lurker, but they have something I want and I wanted to know what you ladies thought. Do you think $213 for a Lawn Green Boogie is a good price?

Last edited:
Was your visit fun?! It sounds like an okay price....and given that lawn was S'08 it's going to be a lot harder to find a Boogie in that color. I'd probably go for it :P

I have a lawn petit larceny, and love the color. However, $212 is more than that Boogie was listed for during its debut season, I believe. Taking a stab here, but wasn't lawn from Spring 08? However, if you really love (need) it, then you have to swallow and pay the price. Maybe they will negotiate if they know that you know the bag is from a couple of seasons ago?

They don't seem very open to negotiation. :shucks:

I wish I could know if Lawn was going to come back this Spring!

ETA: I e-mailed them. It doesn't hurt to ask, right?

Last edited:
I'd get it. I hate regretting stuff like that, and I hate hunting for the one that got away.

Thanks so much for the BAG info. I'm hoping to get to NYC this Fall, and BAG is a big stop on the list!

The High Low Pedigree was gorgeous! The French Nanny's in what I think is Bella leather were also *really* nice.

Lava is a cool color, but not for me. An orangey-red and very vibrant!

I also saw the Bella version of DWTS, which was very nice as well. I wish they had more Fall stock!

Odebdo, I think I may get the LGBB, but if I don't I'll let you know! :kiss:

Lava is one of the new Lux colors...the social primer is in bella...so it had to be something different....hmmm...no stealth pictures?

There was no way I could be stealth there. I outed myself. :rolleyes: While on the phone w/DH who was waiting for it to be 6pm for parking, I was mentioning what I was seeing (by name) and the SA's (who were previously discussing my Berry Blue Minilisa) said "wow! she knows even more than we do!". :shame:
And then they freaked when DH was there and asked me if the Boogie I was eyeing was the same color as my French Nanny. :lolots:

If I go back for the LGBB, I'll just flat out ask to take pics! If Catherine were there I probably would have asked.

DH reminded me that the Lava item I saw was a French Nanny (whatever its Bella name is) and the Social Primer was a putty color.