stitching coming loose on legacy tote

Jul 20, 2009
i have the legacy tote style number 12705...

i just noticed the bottom corner the stitching is coming lose.

im going to contact coach about this. its to the point the leather can be pulled off the other piece of leather if that makes any sense.

im worried they wont be able to repair it and ill be stuck with just a 40% off my next bag.

has this happened to anyone?

It all depends on the age and overall condition of the bag. Sometimes you get merchandise credit back, and other times it's the 40% OFF coupon. Make sure and fill out their form that's on their website for repairs. Also, when you send it get signature conf and insure it!!!

Good Luck!!!

iv had it less then a year..its depressing really .....i hope they can just fix my bag....i saw on one of the forums though and it said if its at the bottom of the bag they usually cannot fix it. if they say this i wonder if i can fix it myself..and im wondering how. sad because i LOVE this bag!

my bag is almost in like new condition other then this!!! i baby my bags so much.

Last edited:
Stop by any coach store and have it evaluated. They can send it themselves and you can just pay $20. They'll give you a receipt that they have your bag. It's probably cheaper than mailing the bag yourself.

If you really just want your bag fixed, you could always send it in to see if they can fix it or not. If they can't fix it, you will either get your bag back ( sometimes with a coupon ), or you will get a credit. If you don't get full credit for the bag, they will send the bag back to you and even if you do get full credit, you can deny the credit and request your bag back.

If nothing else, you could always take it to your local shoe or leather repair shop. I've had a few bags fixed by a local shoe repair guy, it didn't cost much and he did a pretty nice job.

iv had it less then a year..its depressing really .....i hope they can just fix my bag....i saw on one of the forums though and it said if its at the bottom of the bag they usually cannot fix it. if they say this i wonder if i can fix it myself..and im wondering how. sad because i LOVE this bag!

my bag is almost in like new condition other then this!!! i baby my bags so much.