Does Neiman Marcus Price Match?

I guess it depends on who you speak to... I was able to price match through the NM online chat for a pair of Michael Kors shoes a few days ago. Michael Kors' website had the exact same pair for a bit cheaper, so I was able to get them from NM at the lower price with free shipping!

I've always had great experiences with NM.

I haven't had any luck with Neiman Marcus but I have gotten Saks to price match a couple times but only to Barneys, Neiman Marcus, and Bergdorf Goodman. Neiman Marcus wouldnt match anything though.

I think because Neiman Marcus one of the top upscale department stores, they don't really have to price match. The "NM customer" isn't really concerned with the lowest price as much as selection, exclusivity and the fact they like shopping at NM.

For a while, I had a long stretch where I refused to buy anything from NM because I received poor customer service there. Especially at the STL location. I'm not talking about usual complaints we read where people expected more "service"... I'm talking, extremely rude behavior. One SA refused to go in the back and get shoes for me to try on and told me to try on the floor model instead! So I'm not too much of a NM fan. I love Cusp (their concept store) and BG though!

But my MIL LOOOOOVES NM. She doesn't really care to comparison shop at different department stores. She just knows that if she walks into a NM, she'll find something she likes. She likes being InCircle. She likes how they gift wrap and put charms/gifts dangling off their gift ribbon... and she knows they only sell the best at Neiman Marcus.

Well I recently found out that Neiman Marcus will price match and if you are normal Neiman Marcus, they will even give you a discount. My friend's MIL is a regular at Neiman Marcus and she would never never ever pay anything full price. This method only work if you are set on buying a particular item. I seen it happen everytime I happen to go shopping with her.

Hmm.. I bought a pair of Louboutins from NM.com during the double giftcard event, and I noticed that Saks has the same pair of Loubs for $70 less! I called to inquire, and they said "We don't price match with Saks".

I can't believe their customer service wouldn't do a full-retail price matching with another reputable department store! It's not like I'm even asking them to match a sale price!

Should I let this go, take my double giftcards and be happy? Or should I just cancel and get them from Saks (and I am a SaksFirst Premier member). What would you do?

Neiman Marcus does price match it has to be the same item, same color same size to receive the price match like any other company. The customer service is not bad the customers want what they want when they want it and nothing in this world is like that not even Burger King.