Seriously jonesing for a white bag

gga

Satans Little Helper
O.G.
Dec 16, 2006
The last month I've been seriously craving a bright white bag. Don't want off white, don't want ivory, I want dangerous, can't put it down, likely to smudge it in 15 minutes WHITE.

Has anyone seen either the bone matte or the white pebbled luxe leather IRL? Are either one a true, bright white?

I'm seriously hankering for maybe an oversized EM in white pebbled leather with baby blue lining.

Seriously.

Any suggestions for a cowardly purse-bearer who has always steered clear of white bags before?

that sounds lovely but i'm very bad with pale bags - my first white bag was a leather Prada with cut-outs in the leather and attached metal discs, took it on a trip to US and got colour transfer from my blue jacket...2nd pale bag was a LV speedy Monogram multicolour - white backround - which whatever i tried never looked pristine!
i think it would look great, I occasionally see white birkins and kellys on ebay and think i'd love to be brave enough to do it, but with 2 young kids i'd be permanently stressed about it... Even as I write this i'm lusting over LV Damier Azur canvas (been there, done that!)Even saw a white Goyard tote a while ago which i've seen on Cameron Diaz (as she seesm to wear a lot of white) but not brave enough yet!
good luck!

gga..You're a real little daredevil..lol

I won't even think of one after I had the Bal day in white..oh, well more of a creamy white..the first day I carried it, I spilled over it..nothing happened, but now it's got another more careful owner:smile:

The Bone White matte has a little blueish/ grey hue BUT the Pebbled White is whiter than a new set of teeth! Actually more white than white!! It shines..

I will post pics of the swatches tomorrow ..it's far too dark here now.

The last month I've been seriously craving a bright white bag. Don't want off white, don't want ivory, I want dangerous, can't put it down, likely to smudge it in 15 minutes WHITE.

Has anyone seen either the bone matte or the white pebbled luxe leather IRL? Are either one a true, bright white?

I'm seriously hankering for maybe an oversized EM in white pebbled leather with baby blue lining.

Seriously.

Any suggestions for a cowardly purse-bearer who has always steered clear of white bags before?

I've seen the pebbled glossy white, and it is WHITE!!! Straight up dangerous white, lol! I started dreaming of a white bag (and I don't like white bags) once I had seen it. I managed to talk myself out of it.

I've seen the pebbled glossy white, and it is WHITE!!! Straight up dangerous white, lol! I started dreaming of a white bag (and I don't like white bags) once I had seen it. I managed to talk myself out of it.

i love the idea of a whiite bag, to me it screams high-maintenance but having so much money that if your white bag gets wercked, you just buy another! In my fantasy life as a jetsetting mum of 2 impeccably clean kids (ha!) my white bag (and, if i am brave, white travel set!!) would, of course, travel in first Class on flights and not be hoicked around on economy flights. They would arrive at the Mandarin Oriental hotel in pristine, still-white condition (or even swan off for a quick weekend in Monaco) where i would be able to admire their whiteness while drinking my first glass of DP.....

And now the reality of pale leather.... we ordered a new car last weekend, my DH has been hankering over a new model Jaguar so we went and ordered last weekend, the only choice i had was the colour of the leather seats.... the salesman asked me what i wanted, and as soon as i said the fatal words "well, we have 2 small kids..." he immediately said "ah, you'll be wanting the charcoal leather then...."

so there you go, pale leather and kids don't mix in my world!!!

enjoy your new white bag xx (i.m envious!!)

i love the idea of a whiite bag, to me it screams high-maintenance but having so much money that if your white bag gets wercked, you just buy another! In my fantasy life as a jetsetting mum of 2 impeccably clean kids (ha!) my white bag (and, if i am brave, white travel set!!) would, of course, travel in first Class on flights and not be hoicked around on economy flights. They would arrive at the Mandarin Oriental hotel in pristine, still-white condition (or even swan off for a quick weekend in Monaco) where i would be able to admire their whiteness while drinking my first glass of DP.....

And now the reality of pale leather.... we ordered a new car last weekend, my DH has been hankering over a new model Jaguar so we went and ordered last weekend, the only choice i had was the colour of the leather seats.... the salesman asked me what i wanted, and as soon as i said the fatal words "well, we have 2 small kids..." he immediately said "ah, you'll be wanting the charcoal leather then...."

so there you go, pale leather and kids don't mix in my world!!!

enjoy your new white bag xx (i.m envious!!)

EEEK!!! You've stolen my imaginary life!!!

Thanks guys, you have helped me figure it out (and yes, bonniekir, I am a total daredevil, lol). I'm going with a white pebbled leather oversized EM. This will allow me to pretend I have the life described above, in between schlepping myself and two dogs all over town.

And I agree with you about the white birkin/kelly thing, PradaMHG. The price makes me flinch even when it's NOT a high maintenance color or leather. I can't do white, not even used, when the price heads over the 1K mark. I'm too sloppy.

Last edited:
:nuts:

You are brave gga! But the pebbled white sounds the way to go!

I've always liked the thought of a white bag but thought I would wreck it within a day - all I have to do is wear a white T-shirt and I become a dirt magnet:Push:. Last time it was only liquid handsoap that I managed to squirt all over me, but that was a lucky break....:biggrin:!

Please do a full and frank review of it when you get it:smile:!

I say GO FOR IT, gga!!

I have a matte bone TME (it has the palest of gray casts, as Bonnie says) and I LURVE it...it has not been very hard to keep clean at all, despite me wearing it for multiple days at a time (granted, I don't have any small children). It is so fun to carry...stark white is gorgeous, you will :heart: it!!

Okay, so now will you guys help me with linings?

I skipped red and fuchsia, trying to avoid the candy cane look. I've gone with pale blue on the stark white, and I've gone with purple on the matte bone SM and travel set. If you've seen the leathers IRL (or even if you haven't, lol!) do you guys have an opinion on lining colors?

I'm already way the heck out on a limb (for me) just getting a white bag. My mind is boggling well before I think about linings.

So, HELP ME?!?!!??!

Sorry to keep belaboring the subject, but I'm wondering if I should go with gray, navy, or pale blue on the matte bone bags instead of purple.

Also, if gray or yellow gold or even beige would be a better choice with the stark white. I think I left all that out of my post above.

Sorry to keep belaboring the subject, but I'm wondering if I should go with gray, navy, or pale blue on the matte bone bags instead of purple.

Also, if gray or yellow gold or even beige would be a better choice with the stark white. I think I left all that out of my post above.

No. Please. Purple with matte bone hands down.

I'll think about the second part of the question.