Malleries changed my online handbag buying/selling LIFE!

AmourCouture

AmourAuthentic
Apr 2, 2008
MODS: I did a search other threads on Malleries.com are outdated because they DO sell luxury goods now. Please let me keep this thread! Also I do not own Malleries.com but it has just been such a good experience I wanted to share it!

I wanted to write a review from both a buyer and seller perspective of Malleries Luxury Goods Mall http://luxury.malleries.com/

As a Buyer- I've loved Malleries since I discovered it. The pictures all looked so professional, and the sellers seemed to really take pride in their items from their detailed listings to their quick response times when I asked questions. I had 2 wonderful transactions with 2 different sellers. Both were professional, shipped quickly with signature confirmation and insurance, items were packaged beautifully with Thank you cards enclosed, and both sellers assured me that if I wasn't happy they would provide a refund within 7 days.

As a Seller- After months of my items sitting on sites like eBay and Bonanzle without any sales and a bunch of pathetic offers I decided to check out my other options. Malleries.com seemed like a viable option for the types of items I wanted to sell.

What you need to know about cost- There is a 1 time set up fee of $65. For my $65 the owner spent nearly 2 hours on the phone with me walking me through the process and gave me detailed instructions on what makes their sellers most successful, and gave me pointers on how to take professional looking photos on my own. It is easy to set up, but I was so relieved to have such a friendly and knowledgable person on the line to answer my questions. When you get your store set up there is a flat monthly rate of $75 for up to 75 items with a .20 cent upload fee per item, and when anything sells they take a small 3% commission. That's it! Some might balk at those numbers, but think of what eBay charges you as a final value fee when you sell 1 $1000 item!

Listing Style: All items are listed as a BIN prices, and you decide your price. I try and build in my monthly fee to my prices, but I think the benefit is that Malleries draws a very high end clientele, so I have had no problem getting my asking prices for items. I have had buyers contact me to make an offer, so it is good to keep that in mind when deciding your price as well.

Photos: Your photos will need to be as professional as possible, but there are tons of pointers on the site as to how to achieve the pro look without a photographer. The owner was an AMAZING help, and after I took my first few sets I submitted them to her for approval and she gave me pointers on how to make them better next time. They want the site to have a gallery feel, and the high standards they set uphold that very well! You are allowed 9 images total, so choose your angles wisely and have extras in case your buyers request more.

Payment: You can basically accept whatever form of payment you want. I accepted a check for the first time EVER and it went seamlessly. You can add a merchant account, link your paypal account, bank transfer...you name it. For international buyers I limit payment to bank transfer for my own protection, but you won't have eBay forcing Paypal down your throat for handbag sales anymore!

Feedback- There is none! While feedback can be a double edged sword, you won't have people dinging your stars or giving you negative or neutral for a USPS mistake. In the event that your buyer has a problem they contact YOU to work it out. I can imagine that Malleries would intervene if something isn't addressed, but unprofessional sellers would likely not be tolerated for the sake of maintaining the professionalism of the site itself. As a seller your poise and etiquette should speak for itself.

My success- :yahoo:In 1 month at Malleries I sold 2 items for nearly 40% more than people were offering me on eBay (I only had 7 items listed). The buyers were polite, made reasonable offers, were in full communication with me throughout the process. I received positive feedback via email and requests to notify them when I list more items. I did get one request for a partial refund because an item had more patina and soil on it IRL that in the pictures, and I complied per my satisfaction guarantee.

Authenticity: Malleries Luxury section offers a no questions asked authenticity guarantee, so have your items checked before you even list! If your pictures don't have the required photos needed for authenticity then you will need to provide more before uploading. They want it to be easy for the buyer to take the steps nescessary to have items authenticated.

Designers- From Premier Designer to Designer...anything from Louis Vuitton, Chanel, Gucci, Hermes, Bottega Veneta, Dior, YSL, Balenciaga, Miu Miu, Givenchy, Chloe, Nancy Gonzalez, Mulberry, Jimmy Choo, Dolce and Gabbana, Prada, Burberry, Coach, Valentino, Fendi, Versace, Isabella Fiore, Di Camerina, Marc Jacobs, Lanvin, Marni, Celine, Andrea Brueckner, Kooba, Barry Kieselstein Cord, Zac Posen, Tods, Ferre, Proenza, Pucci, Delvaux, Carlos Falchi...and MORE! If you don't find a place for what you are looking to list then just ask- they will tell you where to put it!!!

I just love this site and wanted to share! Feel free to ask questions!!!

Last edited:
awesome information!! thanks for posting your experience with Malleries. I have browsed through the site before and agree it is done very professionally. :tup:

I have wanted to sell some bags lately but have been fearful of ebay. I'll check Malleries out. Thanks again!

awesome information!! thanks for posting your experience with Malleries. I have browsed through the site before and agree it is done very professionally. :tup:

I have wanted to sell some bags lately but have been fearful of ebay. I'll check Malleries out. Thanks again!

I am so glad I found Malleries and just wanted to share my experiences. You still have to take precautions to protect yourself but it is a much more professional atmosphere for SURE!

You are welcome :biggrin:

I just purchased a special gift for MY birthday through Malleries, and it was a wonderful experience. I was able to find a perfect vintage Burberry clutch bag.

The check out, communication and shipping was top notch. I didn't have any of the gut turning 'what if' thoughts that I have with eBay. I know that I was dealing with people who truly love genuine bags. Malleries is a fabulous site.

PS: Amour, I saw your listing on Malleries and I wondered if it was you ... now I know!

As a potential buyer, I love Malleries. It's easy to navigate and very professional looking. I have not purchased anything yet from the site, but it is one that I peruse quite regularly (it's just a matter of finding funds, lol).

Glad to hear you're having good luck with them!!

Amour - so good to hear from you and thanks for providing this info about Malleries; very valuable for serious sellers. I am happy to hear you are having success!!!! :yahoo:

I just purchased a special gift for MY birthday through Malleries, and it was a wonderful experience. I was able to find a perfect vintage Burberry clutch bag.

The check out, communication and shipping was top notch. I didn't have any of the gut turning 'what if' thoughts that I have with eBay. I know that I was dealing with people who truly love genuine bags. Malleries is a fabulous site.

PS: Amour, I saw your listing on Malleries and I wondered if it was you ... now I know!

;):nuts:

I'm so glad that for ONCE things on a site are cosistent from seller to seller. I know the owner works really hard to preserve that!

As a potential buyer, I love Malleries. It's easy to navigate and very professional looking. I have not purchased anything yet from the site, but it is one that I peruse quite regularly (it's just a matter of finding funds, lol).

Glad to hear you're having good luck with them!!

What I like the best is that its so seemless when you browse, and that it isn't dominated by one seller or another. Therefore my items aren't lost, buried under a seller who has hundreds of items. I also like the boutique style homepages.

Amour - so good to hear from you and thanks for providing this info about Malleries; very valuable for serious sellers. I am happy to hear you are having success!!!!

This is a GREAT point and something I forgot to mention before. They don't just approve any seller that wants to sell, which means that unfortunately some applicants do get turned down. They base their decisions on reputation, previous selling experience, quality of items, and whether or not it is a good fit to the site. That way they can weed out anyone who is just looking to make a quick $$$ or looking to profit at someone elses expense (ie: counterfeits).

Huge congrats! I have been meaning to ask you how it was going! Hurray!!!

Thank you! I am super excited to finally have GOOD news to report!

Last edited:
I love how you put everything that is helpful at the top. I have a feeling this will get to be a long thread.

I'm glad your having great experiences on the site. I think there are quite a few members that prefer shopping alternatives to ebay. I always feel for members that spend so much time trying to get refunds from ebay. No matter, what our time is precious to us all.

I purchased a bag from a seller on Malleries and had a very good experience.

I wondered about the sellers because it seems that there are a few core sellers that sell a lot, but there are also some that come and go.

It looks like a nice, professional site. However, based on the price (at least for Louis Vuitton items), I would say it's doubtful I would ever shop there. The LV prices were a bit insane!