Favourite color of all time for longchamp le pliage?

I'm such a huge fan of these bags. The really large ones are perfect my me & my SO when we travel or go camping. I love the purses and the durability. Unfortunately, I can't seem to ever find them on sale in Toronto.

bit off topic, but: how waterproof are they really? cos the canvas is coated? won't it come off after some years? (had a backpack from eastpak, was waterproof for half a year... then the coating was gone and my cellphone swimming in water lol). so the contents would stay dry if I walked around in pouring rain without umbrella?

I don't think they are really waterproof, but water resistant. But, if you drop the bag in the bathtub, I don't think anything inside would get wet. I think the zipper part would be the problem.

Favorite color would be the figue (fig?) that I just bought- it's the dusty purple that's not pastel and not too dark. It's really pretty!

Also a side note to the ladies who still want to purchase one- I just presaled one at the nyc saks and scored a medium pliage with long handles for $30.18 from $125!

i like the green one too!! but i scared it'll be hard to match with clothes...hmm

hmn... the smart thing to do in my opinion is to make sure the bags DO NOT match with the clothes, so that the bags will STAND OUT.

and BTW, can someone do me a favour please of taking a picture of the inside tag of the bag?
i have one limited ed but its canvas medium + short handle in blue and i can't see it anywhere on the 'net

thanks

Last edited:
Hi there, don't mean to hijack the thread or revive one from long time ago... but I think this is the most appropriate thread for my question.

I just got interested in purchasing a Le Pliage, and am unfamiliar with the classic and seasonal colors. Since people have stated that classic colors never go on sale, I want to be sure to purchase one of those, or wait for a sale for a seasonal color. I am really liking the Bilberry... anyone know if that is a "classic"? Or does anyone know which colors are classic? TIA!

I have 5 different colours (maroon, black, off-white, chocolate and navy) but I like navy best and use it the most. Partly because navy is my favourite colour so the bag goes well with most of my clothes. I also really like their beige - perfect for summer!