Do Hermes FSH check passport for purchase

nyyparis

Feb 13, 2009
Just wonder will hermes check passport for purchase H item FSH?
as I want to try to buy another birkin in George V.
Do they enter your passport number in computer like LV does?

If you are doing detaxe, yes. They need the info for filling out the detaxe form. If you want to buy a second Birkin in another H boutique, perhaps you need to pay by cash and forego tax refund. At least this is what I heard from a friend who was desperate to get as many Birkins as possible in one trip. Hope this helps.

Last edited:
For detaxe purposes, they definitely will record your passport number.

However, I'm not sure if FSH and George V's databases are linked - which I think is what you're asking - in the sense that if you purchase one at the other you might be stopped at the other. You can always try though, I suppose.

thanks for the information, i may not detax for the second one
If you are doing detaxe, yes. They need the info for filling out the detaxe form. If you want to buy a second Birkin in another H boutique, perhaps you need to pay by cash and forego tax refund. At least this is what I heard from a friend who was desperate to get as many Birkins as possible in one trip. Hope this helps.

If your purchase is more than $20,000 they will definitely ask you for your ID because they have to fill out paperwork for the authorities, I believe, to prevent money laundering (as it was explained to me!). Not sure in France but in US they did.

Allan - are there credit cards that are specific to Europe? I was just thinking mastercard or Amex because they are so prevalent here in U.S. ... didn't realize there might be some that are european only so they would assume you were part of EU.

Allan - are there credit cards that are specific to Europe? I was just thinking mastercard or Amex because they are so prevalent here in U.S. ... didn't realize there might be some that are european only so they would assume you were part of EU.

Mine was a Mastercard but it says my bank's name on it. :smile: