Coach outlet getting lazy?

p3b

O.G.
Sep 16, 2008
I just went to my outlet today and I asked for a particular bag that they didn't have so I asked about client tracker and/or checking other outlets for this bag. The SA told me that they no longer will do that for customers and basically expect customers to call stores themselves! WTH?!! I can't believe this.

Of course we all know that they are not doing price adjustments anymore and personally they are the only store I shop at that won't do some sort of price adjustment if they sell their own product cheaper within a short period of time after you buy it. I think they should at least do two weeks, but that is me. Today they wouldn't even let me return my sunglasses that I bought only a week ago in order to purchase the same ones (they had other stock of the ones I had) and use my coupon to save 20%! They did a price adjustment and said "this is the last time".

I love Coach, but come on! Customer service is seriously slipping here.

So if anyone sees a petrol Zoe in medium (patent leather), please pm me so I can call that store. I can't waste time calling tons of stores all over the place :sad:

Leesburg was also shaky on the PA policy. I had called last week to check if they were doing PAs for the coupon and the girl on the phone said yes. In the middle of my PA the next day, the manager had to sign off on some receipts and gave me a lecture about how the store does not do PAs. I told her I had called the day before and gone out of my way to get the PA since they had told me yes and she shrugged and told me it she would "make an exception" just this once. Its a load of BS if you ask me.

sorry your outlet was like that. this seems to be getting very common, not just at a couple. the outlets seem overwhelmed and are just giving up knowing people are still going to buy stuff anyways so they don't even bother. the "rules" across the country are all so different, not sure there ever was even a hard set of rules to begin with but they are just doing what they want now. it also seems like it depends on whose working when you go too that can totally change what they let you do.

also, I got on a client tracker for the hippies last week so they definitely still do that. they had me fill out a form with all my info and then they were going to put it in the computer so that when they scanned the bags, my info would come up. that is more than they used to do at the outlet i used to go to.

paula3boys- Were you at Camarillo? I was just there and think I overheard your convo w/ the SA. If it wasn't you, it was them giving the same response to somepne else. I went in with 2 bags that I got 2 days ago and was going to ask to return/rebuy with 20% coupon but I chickened out because I didn't want to be lectured!

Today they wouldn't even let me return my sunglasses that I bought only a week ago in order to purchase the same ones (they had other stock of the ones I had) and use my coupon to save 20%! They did a price adjustment and said "this is the last time".

Well, how many times have you done it?

Sorry about the way they treated you. I know exactly how it feels. I returned and bought an item before and I got in trouble with them too. they gave me the whole "This is the first and last time" speech. I did not mean to do it but I understand why they would think I was trying to "cheat" their system. I feel so embarrassed that I just won't do it again. I mean after all we all know prices could go lower, they might be a coupon next week or we could find something cheaper somewhere else and we still decide to buy their items you know. I personally think their policy is great and they are just trying to enforce it. I think WE ALL are taking a little advantage of it and I expect them to change their policy really soon. Just my 0.02

Technically, I believe the coupon does not on previous purchases so they can give you a hard time and I don't think the coupon constitutes a true PA. Having that said, I do price adjustments all the time and I don't care! I have done them after 14 days as well, as long as I have my receipt and the tags are attached. To me, it's just good customer service and they are still making a profit or they wouldn't keep doing these coupons. Generally, I end up spending more than my adjustment anyway...so they really should be mistreating customers.

For those of you that said you won't do it or chickened out, don't let the SA's or SM's intimidate you- as much as you spend there...That's exactly what I would tell them too. I have no shame when it comes to that- last year at Christmas, when it was just a 10% coupon, I brought back 6 bags and 2 wallets at one time for an adjustment- I bought my mom, aunt, MIL, and AIL (and myself) all purses for x-mas so the adjustment added up.

Technically, I believe the coupon does state that is not good on previous purchases so they can give you a hard time and I don't think the coupon constitutes a true PA. Having that said, I do price adjustments all the time and I don't care! I have done them after 14 days as well, as long as I have my receipt and the tags are attached. To me, it's just good customer service and they are still making a profit or they wouldn't keep doing these coupons. Generally, I end up spending more than my adjustment anyway...so they really should be mistreating customers.

For those of you that said you won't do it or chickened out, don't let the SA's or SM's intimidate you- as much as you spend there...That's exactly what I would tell them too. I have no shame when it comes to that- last year at Christmas, when it was just a 10% coupon, I brought back 6 bags and 2 wallets at one time for an adjustment- I bought my mom, aunt, MIL, and AIL (and myself) all purses for x-mas so the adjustment added up.

JOIN the getting shat on by your local out club!!! I bought a Lg. patent berry Zoe, and 6 days later the coupon hit. I called and asked if I could do a PA and the SA told me the manager said "no." So I said "well, that's OK, I'll just return it and rebuy it with the coupon" (not being smart-thinking no big deal) the SA then said to me (knowing I drive 1 1/2 hr each way) "weelllllll, the bag has to stay in the store 24 hours before YOU can re-buy it, so you could do that." Like I'm gonna turn around the next day and make another 3 hour drive!!!

Infact, I think we ALL need to start calling JAX about the inconsistancies in the outlets policy & procedure. I know if the shopping sub-forum for Coach, one gal said her BOUTIQUE let her use the 20% OFF coupons. This is starting to turn into BS BIG TIME!!!!

Let's actually start a thread of complaint calls made to JAX or atleast a thread that has the documentation of this inconsistent treatment!!!

I know the coupons aren't supposed to be for previously purchased merch....AND THAT'S FINE WITH ME, but we ALL KNOW that they are doing it for some, and NOT others. I don't know about you gal's, but I'm always one of the "others." <---No love from my outlet!!!

JOIN the getting shat on by your local out club!!! I bought a Lg. patent berry Zoe, and 6 days later the coupon hit. I called and asked if I could do a PA and the SA told me the manager said "no." So I said "well, that's OK, I'll just return it and rebuy it with the coupon" (not being smart-thinking no big deal) the SA then said to me (knowing I drive 1 1/2 hr each way) "weelllllll, the bag has to stay in the store 24 hours before YOU can re-buy it, so you could do that." Like I'm gonna turn around the next day and make another 3 hour drive!!!

Infact, I think we ALL need to start calling JAX about the inconsistancies in the outlets policy & procedure. I know if the shopping sub-forum for Coach, one gal said her BOUTIQUE let her use the 20% OFF coupons. This is starting to trun into BS BIG TIME!!!!

That's awful! That is their "technical policy" I have heard that nonsense too. Was the large berry zoe not available still? If it was, you could have bought a new one and returned yours. I actually need to go tomorrow and I hope they don't give me a hard time! I actually have a bag I bought at the FP store that is at the outlet. It was a return and I wanted it but I know it's hit the outlet so I am planning to return it and rebuy it. I bet I will get the "speech" too since I have done quite a few adjustments lately but as I said, half the time, I end up spending MORE than the adjustment so they should just eat it and treat their valued LOYAL customers better, IMO

Well, I have gotten the coup 3 of the last 4 weeks, but not this week!
Also, went to the outlet in Tuscola, IL last Friday and purchased a Bonnie satchel. I looked in one and there was a white bag, but I must have ended up with the other one they had. Thinking back, I realized they didn't even open up the bag -- I mean I could have put something in there! I get home and guess what! No dustbag! I was steamed! Typical.

Well, I have gotten the coup 3 of the last 4 weeks, but not this week!
Also, went to the outlet in Tuscola, IL last Friday and purchased a Bonnie satchel. I looked in one and there was a white bag, but I must have ended up with the other one they had. Thinking back, I realized they didn't even open up the bag -- I mean I could have put something in there! I get home and guess what! No dustbag! I was steamed! Typical.

I went to my outlet and purchased a Zoe last week too and found no dust bag. I asked the SA about it and he told me Coach takes them out before they ship them now. They wanted to make the dust bags full price only. I was gonna e-mail customer service about the new policy.

i haven't gotten a coupon in awhile. i'm dying to get some more zoe's. does anyone post a link or email them to tpf members? i'd be glad to email one if i got it so we could all share.

just a heads up in case anyone doesn't know....coach is no longer making extra tags anymore so when you buy a new purse, make sure to check that the metal clasp is tight enough to hold because they aren't replacing them anymore. i used my brand new bonnie metallic twice and found my metal tag and metal coach inside my bag (luckily the weight made them fall inside), but i lost the matching material tag. coach said they couldn't send another one out even if i paid for it. luckily the associate said fine took my bag from me, returned it and ordered me a new one no questions asked. i doubt i'd get that lucky again. thank god she knew me and knew that i was a good customer or i would've never got another one.