Please help me with 2009 stams

CCSMom

O.G.
Jan 7, 2008
I am interested in buying a 2009 black leather stam and I'm trying to find out what the difference is between the seasons. I've seen bags labeled spring 09, prefall 09 and fall 09. I was wondering if there is any difference in the type of leather used on these bags or do they just change the season code and the bag is the same. I'm trying to find a bag made from calf leather...or at least not the washed goat leather from 2008.

Thanks for any help you can give!! :biggrin:

I am interested in buying a 2009 black leather stam and I'm trying to find out what the difference is between the seasons. I've seen bags labeled spring 09, prefall 09 and fall 09. I was wondering if there is any difference in the type of leather used on these bags or do they just change the season code and the bag is the same. I'm trying to find a bag made from calf leather...or at least not the washed goat leather from 2008.

The fall 09 is lamb. ;) don't know about the others.

The Stardust fall 09 Stam would be a good way to go. It's pretty sturdy.

Last edited:

Oh, wait. Is the Stardust goat leather????
Tad would know.

it looks and feels like calf leather to me, but i'm not entirely positive. i wish the tags would say what kind of leather each bag is made out of.

i can't remember the last time mj used calf leather for the classic quilted stams. fall 07? resort 07?

The fall 09 black Stam - the care card that was in it says it's made of lamb.
The fall 09 Stardust - the care card says it's made of "naturally tanned leather."

not much help.

I "think" the stardust stams are made of goat skin, this because other bags of the stardust line (beat bag and single) are described as goat skin on luisaviaroma

i was initially told they were made of goat skin, but then someone else told me calf, so i'm just confused now. it don't feel like my calfskin stam, but it doesn't feel like my goatskin bbag either. mystery.

The stardust does seem sturdier. I will use it more as an everyday bag. As a matter of fact, I think I'll just switch out bags right now so I can stare at it for a while. :love:

it looks and feels like calf leather to me, but i'm not entirely positive. i wish the tags would say what kind of leather each bag is made out of.

i can't remember the last time mj used calf leather for the classic quilted stams. fall 07? resort 07?

I *think* my fall 07 stam is calf, but I just checked the care cards and it doesn't specifically identify the type of leather, just that it's leather (duh!). Trying to help narrow down the last time calf was used for stams. I know for certain that my spring 08 stam is goat leather. Maybe Fall 07 was the last time???

yeah, that's what i think. i know my fall 07 berry stam is definitely calf leather. resort used calf too because truffle and milk were from that season and the leather texture was identical to fall 07. then it was washed goat skin for s/s 08 and lamb for f/w 08. lamb again for all of 2009, right?

I think R07 was the last season that calf leather was used for the quilted stams
S08 stams were made from Washed Goat Leather
F08 quilted were goat leather (altho not washed so the color was more even and the bag's weren't as soft and/or slouchy as S08's stams) - there were also soft plated stams made from lamb's leather (the exotic/python stams and daydream stams), then there were also the "So Cool" pleated stams which are a type of calf leather (tho not quilted)
R08 stams were made from quilted goat, jersey and embossed python
S09 stams are made from Lamb's leather (:drool::drool:) which are my fav by far!!
The Stardust Stams appear to be made from goat leather - initially I had thought that they were calf leather (when I first saw the Blue), but after owning one and carrying it and touching the leather and seeing how soft an slouchy the bag is, I tend to think it's goat and not calf - calf leather is thicker and heavier than goat leather and my Stardust cecelia is so lightweight - it's much lighter than the calf leather stams I used to own

the biggest difference between calf, goat and lamb is the weight of the bag and the softness of the leather -- calf leather is the thickest and has more texture to it. they are also the heaviest of all of the quilted stams Goat leather is much lighter and not as thick - it's also not as textured as calf leather, altho not as smooth as lamb. Goat leather stams tend to have a little more give and will slouch a little after using the bag for a while - the lamb's leather ones are the softest, most plush. They are also lightweight (perhaps a little bit lighter than the goat leather stams) - they also have more give and slouch to them but will age beautifully. I love the way the quilted lamb's leather fees this season!!

Last edited: