Thinking of getting my second Bal..what should I get?

May 30, 2009
Ladies....I can't help it! I am itching to get my hands on my second Bal!! :nuts:

I saw these gorgeous babies on a resellers website and am trying to decide which one would suit me better. I already have the Bal Men's Messenger which I plan to use during the weekends...basically for casual outings.

I would prefer my next Bal to be more suited for the office. I'm a bit concerned about the handles though. Are the handles comfy enough? I tend to carry the whole of my bedroom in my bag sometimes LOL! :graucho:

Help me decide ladies! Here are the pics! :smile:

BALENCIAGA CHOCOLATE CLASSIC " THE WORK" DOCUMENT BAG

balenciagabrown.jpg

BALENCIAGA BLACK COVERED GIANT WORK HANDBAG

balenciagablack.jpg

Last but not the very least....I know this might be a tad too big for office use, but it's just so lovely isn't it? :smile:

BALENCIAGA UNISEX BEIGE" WEEKENDER" GIANT TRAVEL HANDBAG

balenciagawhite.jpg

Decisions...decisions! :graucho:

Last edited:
The problem with work is you tend to overstuff and hence it'll be SO heavy!! But when you don't, its like theres quite a bit of space inside empty. I carry my netbook inside the Work which breaks it in very quickly :biggrin: Its heavy and I worry if the handles will break sometimes...

I think Work is comfortable as you can carry on the crook of your arm as well as over the shoulder. It can fit documents etc BUT without a solid bottom, your documents might still crumple, since it will be extremely soft with use. I actually suggest a PT because Work might be too big sometimes. You should try on the bag and see if it fits.

Between the three I like Charbon brown the most because I really wouldn't recommend covered hardware for a bag that is going to receive lots of usage from work etc. GOOD LUCK! :biggrin:

Thanks ladies! Seems like you girls are partial to the Brown eh? Great minds think alike! :biggrin:

Sweetlust: Thank you so much for the insight and recommendation! I plan to drop by at the resellers to have a feel of all the bags. :smile:

BTW when you said covered hardware, are you referring to the BALENCIAGA BLACK COVERED GIANT WORK HANDBAG? Sorry hon, I'm still very new to Bal...am very clueless!

And as per to your comment: Between the three I like Charbon brown the most because I really wouldn't recommend covered hardware for a bag that is going to receive lots of usage from work etc..

Is there any reason why you wouldn't recommend covered hardware babe? Just curious.

Thanks again ladies for your valuable opinions! I totally heart TPF!!:heart:

BTW when you said covered hardware, are you referring to the BALENCIAGA BLACK COVERED GIANT WORK HANDBAG? Sorry hon, I'm still very new to Bal...am very clueless!

Is there any reason why you wouldn't recommend covered hardware babe?

Yes its the Covered Giant Hardware (CGH) Black Work :smile:

Well, according to some threads on TPF, it wears off revealing a green stud which isn't very pretty:lol: I have since tried to "baby" my CGH bag to prevent that from happening.

Its beautiful, the peforated leather and all but the hardware gets dirty especially for light colors. I would think black don't hurt that much but because the hardware is protruding and covered with leather, fiction might wear it off over time.

I would hence suggest Regular Hardware (RH) like the one in Charbon Brown because it is less sticking out, handles fiction better as it will be less obvious. Certainly you would want your bbag to last for sometime and still look awesome yeah? :graucho:

Some links to look at for covered hardware
http://forum.purseblog.com/balencia...w-do-we-maintain-them-experiences-443918.html
http://forum.purseblog.com/balenciaga/covered-hardware-issues-any-pros-cons-before-i-357244-2.html
http://forum.purseblog.com/balenciaga/nobody-likes-the-giant-covered-hardware-470120.html

The problem with work is you tend to overstuff and hence it'll be SO heavy!! But when you don't, its like theres quite a bit of space inside empty. I carry my netbook inside the Work which breaks it in very quickly :biggrin: Its heavy and I worry if the handles will break sometimes...

I think Work is comfortable as you can carry on the crook of your arm as well as over the shoulder. It can fit documents etc BUT without a solid bottom, your documents might still crumple, since it will be extremely soft with use. I actually suggest a PT because Work might be too big sometimes. You should try on the bag and see if it fits.

Between the three I like Charbon brown the most because I really wouldn't recommend covered hardware for a bag that is going to receive lots of usage from work etc. GOOD LUCK! :biggrin:

Hey, i just got my first BBag, its a black City:yahoo: Im loving it, just curious, when you say break in the bag, i notice some pics the bags get nicer as it age, how long does it often take the bag to break in? the strap doesn't stay on my should now cos its still hard, and i'm still a little sensitive to put too heavy things in it (like my 13" macbook) cos its new..hohoho, any thoughts?

Thx!

OMG! I love love love you sweetlust!!!:hugs::flowers::love:

Thanks so much for the very helpful links! They are a fabulous read and gives so much helpful info!

Yes its the Covered Giant Hardware (CGH) Black Work :smile:

Well, according to some threads on TPF, it wears off revealing a green stud which isn't very pretty:lol: I have since tried to "baby" my CGH bag to prevent that from happening.

I would hence suggest Regular Hardware (RH) like the one in Charbon Brown because it is less sticking out, handles fiction better as it will be less obvious. Certainly you would want your bbag to last for sometime and still look awesome yeah?:graucho:

Yikes! I wouldn't want my baby to have yucky green studs! :sweatdrop: I totally agree, I would want my baby to last possibly a lifetime and still look super duper awesome! :graucho:

SarahSheilaRae, you're so sweet!!! :blush::smooch:Anyway, welcome to the start of a fabulous addiction! More to come!! Can't wait for your reveal! :yahoo:

when you say break in the bag, i notice some pics the bags get nicer as it age, how long does it often take the bag to break in? the strap doesn't stay on my should now cos its still hard, and i'm still a little sensitive to put too heavy things in it (like my 13" macbook) cos its new

It depends solely on usage and load that the bag carries. Some ladies here put books to break them in faster, which will make them extremely soft and like a puddle! :tender:

Well I would think if its beyond a kg for the notebook and considering other usual daily stuff, better not. I've never tried although Bbags are well made! :biggrin:

I would also suggest the Chocolate although I think the Giant Covered Work would have a longer handle? The Weekender is really huge, I use mine when I travel but although I have used it quite often, the handle still seems too small to fit over my shoulder.