Pls Help Me Decide: To buy or not to buy?

Lemon06

LV2FLY
Jul 30, 2009
Hello Friends! :smile:
Thank you for clicking on this thread!
Just got back from Saks outlet and i think i found a GREAT deal on a Burberry large messenger bag with the classic novacheck design. IDK the technical titles for it, can you tell i don't own one? But i have wanted a Burberry really bad for a year and a half now. Anyway, this messenger bag isn't my style really but i have two little ones so it might be more practical than my usual shoulder bag/tote/satchel. And I tried it on: it's comfy and fits my essentials pretty well! It does, however, seem to be a RETURN that was clearly "gently loved"... well i guess clearly can't = gently but you can only tell close up (the adjustable strap part has wear). I read in someone else's blog that they heard a girl talk about how she always gets new bags for free at Nordstrom b/c she returns them when is done using them and i think that was the case here. Scandalous.
Anyway, reg price is $650 or so? And it's marked down to $219!!!
Will i ever find another great deal like this?? Or do they come along often?

Reasons to buy: I've always wanted a Burberry bag and it's a great deal on a "new" one. We can afford it. I don't treat myself in any other way (i'm really quite frugal: don't go out to eat often, don't get my hair or nails done, not a clothes horse or a shoe fiend, don't go out on the town).. It's comfy and something new for style.

Reasons not to buy: I already kind of splurged this summer and i try to be sensible about spacing splurges, even tho i really don't need to. This style is certainly not my usual; i don't think it's all that cute but since it's a Burberry, it can't not be pretty in my eyes at the same time. There are some home improvements we have put off b/c i don't want to spend the money.

Please let me know what you think! I guess i just also need to know if these deals come along often or not, you know?
Thank you so much in advance for helping me decide! It's the last one there so i have it on hold until 8p tomorrow night CST (8/11).

IMO if you don't really love it then don't get it. Have you tried going to Burberry outlet stores? They can be considerably cheaper there and in new quality, rather than spending it on this bag that's in worn condition. $200 is borderline cheap for a Burberry bag, but if you hold off on the money you can save up for something you love rather than just settling.

Just my opinion!

I don't think you should get it. You probably may not use it as much because you don't think it's cute anyways. Try to find something you'll absolutely LOVE! Burberry has sales twice a year (I think) and I'm sure you're bound to find something you'll LOVE.

Burberry has sales twice a year (I think) and I'm sure you're bound to find something you'll LOVE.

thank u guys!! You're right. I'll wait for something I love to come along so my first Burberry piece will be special. ACS, when are the sales? Based on the buzz in the forum here, I'm guessing one is going on now? I'm in MPLS so I don't there is one close to me?
Thanks again for your input!!!

There's a sale at Burberry right now, but it's been going on for awhile so I highly doubt there's much left. Usually a great tPF'r will post a heads up on the sale dates.

I don't think you should get it if you don't love it. It is a fairly good deal, but if you don't love it you won't use it much and then it's worthless. I would keep looking. There are websites like bonanzle and ebay that you can try to find a bag on and have the girls here at tPF authenticate it for you. Otherwise, if you're near an outlet then you can try there. They are supposed to have really good deals sometimes (can't say for sure because I don't have one near me). But I think you should just hold off and wait for the bag that you absolutely love. Burberry bags aren't cheap, but worth the occasional splurge if you love it. :smile: Let us know what you decide!

Burberry Bags aren't cheap but online they have several things on their website on sale. I would say get it if you like it and will use it a lot since it is versatile in the weather. If you don't feel that you would use it a great deal than don't get it because you might as well spend the money on something you will get the full use out of it. Granted I own a lot of bags and change my bags daily and don't even use some of them but they may be used seasonally. So you have to look at your other bags, wardrobe, and monetary means I guess.

Thank you, everyone, for your input :smile: I am glad i didn't go through with it and am glad i don't have the "it got away" backlash! I am holding out for what i love. I know i want a tote or purse :smile: