Want to see some violet and gelet....

kobe939

O.G.
Apr 16, 2008
Well, I bought these before I went on my ban, and I would have to say that I am in love with both. I already have a Raisin GSH day and the leather on the Violet is so much different than the Raisin. The Violet Day is very evenly distressed, chewy and the color is very saturated. I know everyone is raving about the Violet...and I now see why. I feel very lucky to score this bag. Althought this was supposed to be the last bags before my ban, but of course, I broke the ban AGAIN (nothing new):P, there are more violet and other chevre to come, please stay tune...:graucho:

Presenting my brand new Violet Day...:yahoo::yahoo:

2007VioletDay_00011-1.jpg

Yes, I got it on ebay. And Congrats, jen, love your GSH violet day, that came like a day after I scored this one, as I was thinking about it....then it was gone. But I was hoping someone from here could get that bag because it's such a gorgeous one.

Couldn't agree with you more, love the color, need more bags in Violet! :graucho:

are you sure you got them b4 a ban kobe?! :graucho:

but i must say violet is gorgeous!!!
and the leather on your galet is TDF!!!!!!!!!!!!!:heart::heart::heart: it!

please show us some family pictures of your bbagsss, they are all lovely!

P.S. just saw that you still got more violet & chevre to come!!! what are those???

Yes, Meganka, these bags were bought before my ban. But it doesn't make any difference anyway, because I got more bags after my ban. I will reveal them later as I have not yet received them. :P:blush:

The leather on the violet is the best I have so far, just take my breath away whenever I touch that bag.

:lol:that's what i like about 07! every of my 07 bags has great leather!!!
congratulations again on scoring some violetSSS, i cannot wait to see your other new bbagsss

so the leather on violet is even better than the galet? may i know in which way??

Yes, I got it on ebay. And Congrats, jen, love your GSH violet day, that came like a day after I scored this one, as I was thinking about it....then it was gone. But I was hoping someone from here could get that bag because it's such a gorgeous one.

Couldn't agree with you more, love the color, need more bags in Violet! :graucho:

Lol, when I saw the gsh violet, and I had to jump on it!! Yay for violet!!! :yahoo:

Yeah, Violet rocks!! I totally understand what you mean.. I was keen on Raisin when the colour swatches first came out, but then I got my hands on a Violet - and that was it! Violet just knocked Raisin out of the water... the leather's incredible... and your RH Day looks PERFECT.

And Galet... sigh... my favourite colour and leather of the new season... perfect in a City :love: I keep trying to hold back on getting one, but these pictures are making it difficult!

(Btw, I think we have very similar tastes - you have a collection that I would have!)

Rere, I got the galet city from my friend because she wanted a galet first instead. But I believe she either hand picked the bag from Saks or NM. Not my go-to-bag yet, but might be later. I do not tend to wear the same bag everyday except when I go to work, which I use a purple prada messenger. It's waterproof and no need to worry when it gets dirty. But on the weekend, I do change my bag quite very often.

Meganka, the leather on the galet is really think and nice, but it's still on the same as the violet day. Unfortunately I do not know how to describe it in words, but you will know once you touch it. The violet seems to have more 'substance', if this make any sense to you! :confused1: I probably confuse you even more! :lol:

MichK, I was really happy with my raisin SGH day when I got it, but now...I am not too sure. I think I am just really satisfied with the violet day that I do not need to have the raisin. You are funny when you said, "Violet just knocked raisin out of the water", it's kind of true. But I guess we don't offend anyone here who has the raisin because the color is still very beautiful and the leather is really thick and nice. :yes:

And trust me, I think YOU have a collection that I would LOVE to have!! Yours is better for sure....:graucho::graucho: But we probably do have similar taste. The reason I got the galet city is after I saw another tpf'er 's gelet work, I feel in love with the color since then.

ruiruiwinter, thank you for sharing your opinion on the gelet city, and that's why I went ahead and bought the bag. I do love the color and the leather, but for some reason, I feel there is something missing but I can't pin point it yet???:thinking:

Oh goodness, they are both gorgeous! Violet looks so saturated, just stunning! And Galet City looks perfectly delicious. Many congrats.
And more to come, you say :graucho:

MichK, I was really happy with my raisin SGH day when I got it, but now...I am not too sure. I think I am just really satisfied with the violet day that I do not need to have the raisin. You are funny when you said, "Violet just knocked raisin out of the water", it's kind of true. But I guess we don't offend anyone here who has the raisin because the color is still very beautiful and the leather is really thick and nice. :yes:

And trust me, I think YOU have a collection that I would LOVE to have!! Yours is better for sure....:graucho::graucho: But we probably do have similar taste. The reason I got the galet city is after I saw another tpf'er 's gelet work, I feel in love with the color since then.

Awwww, thank you, sweetie :flowers: And, you're right - no offence to anyone: Raisin IS a gorgeous colour... just that I'm partial to Violet :biggrin:

And I think it must be bag-gage's Galet Work you saw. Her bag is amazing, looks even better IRL. But I know what you mean about Galet... I wanted one after I saw her bag, but I stopped myself even though I had 2 chances to get it. It could be because Galet's not a colour that screams "get me!" but it's a colour that wears beautifully over time. It's a really beautiful neutral.