Resale value for BOTTEGA VENETA

DreamBags

Love bags
Aug 7, 2009
The resale value of BOTTEGA VENETA is low if compared with LV bags.

For a brand new BOTTEGA VENETA bag that is sold for US$3167 in BOTTEGA VENETA store, a reseller will take it for US$770 (brand new).

But a LV bag that is sold at LV store at US$1230 and used for 1 year, a reseller will take it for US$615 (used).

For those who like trading in their bags often, LV bag has higher resale value even if it is "used".

If that is a part of your calculation for buying a bag, then you may have a point.

I, on the other hand, buy what I love and want to wear, and worry about everything else later, if I ever do. I do not like LV, so I would never consider buying it regardless of the resale value since I wouldn't wear it.

To each, her own...

I never buy any handbag with resale value in mind.
But I was lucky enough to sell recently (many) handbags and finance new BV purchases.

Some were LV bought few years back - never used - they were even sold at a profit (good for me) and less than the current retail price (good for the buyer).
I will also add that LV handbags are highly popular and easily sold.
Whereas a BV handbag might be more difficult to sell

But as per previous posts when you buy a Bottega Veneta handbag, you don't have any intentions to sell it - it is a keeper :smile:

For a brand new BOTTEGA VENETA bag that is sold for US$3167 in BOTTEGA VENETA store, a reseller will take it for US$770 (brand new).

But a LV bag that is sold at LV store at US$1230 and used for 1 year, a reseller will take it for US$615 (used).

For those who like trading in their bags often, LV bag has higher resale value even if it is "used".

i have noticed the same. in my town lv and chanel seem to have the best resale. not even h seems to do as well.
i don't know why as they aren't my favorites.

What BV reseller are you taking about:graucho: I am interested!

I think it's a good thing that other brands have more resale value, as I see many new BV lovers selling all their other brands' bags to fund their BVs!:biggrin:

Just curious, though, which BV and LV bags (3167usd & 1230usd) are your speaking of, DreamBags? Also, welcome to tPF and BV sub!!

I've seen a few BV bags hold their price, i.e. ottone sloane, but I agree that LV is easier to resell. I also don't buy my bags with that in mind, but my tastes do change and when you want something new that's over the top in price its nice to be able to sell some of your older bags to fund the purchase. I am thinking of every way possible to justify that 2010 men's cabat.

This is always an interesting topic. Is there a larger mass market for logo accessories? Apparently so. I would venture an opinion that most BV buyers don't consider re-sale value when buying their BV's.

There are other designers that produce top-quality products and their re-sale values aren't very good; Tod's comes to mind. I have 2 Tod's bags that I intend to keep.

As already mentioned, there are some BV styles and colors tha hold their value very well.

i am surprised the LV and Chanel holds its resale value? there seems to be so much of it out there.

BV may not hold resale because it is a lesser known luxury brand. it isn't something you see every day like you do LV and chanel. smaller audience = less demand.... and the people who know and love, are very particular about wanting particular pieces. i have noticed in the last few months the resale prices on a number of luxury goods seems to have fallen. BV on ebay seems to be lower priced now, as do H kelly purses, not so much the birkins.