best time to shop in nyc?

sumz89

Aug 9, 2009
hey everyone,

i wanna start planning my holidays for next year (a little early i no!!!) and was wondering when is the best time to come to nyc in the summer for shopping???? i wanna hit the sales for macys, bloomingdales, saks etc... would be better in june, july or august???

The sales traditionally start a little before memorial day but with the economy being

in the shape that it is in, the sales just started early all over the country..

so I would say june is the first markdown and then by august the markdowns are

the lowest..

The sales will start at the end of May - most likely. Or maybe a bit earlier. Everything is pretty picked over by July and by August there is very little to be found.

Well as far as sales go, beginning of summer-time they started but I dont think anything compares to shopping in late November-early December. The atmosphere is great and the stores are all decorated for the holidays, its one thing New York is known for but unfortunately no sales.

Echoing what everyone have said already: shopping in the city year round is great. There are websites that lists sales (including sample sales) so check those out before you go. Off the top of my head, I can think of http://racked.com/
Hope that helps! :smile:

If you want to get fall sale at this time in september, is not the right time. You will get good prices on summer stuff but if you want to get nice things at good prices you can go to TJMax they have tons of clearance stuff for very low prices.