Sephora Return Policy?

glad i found this! i bought a callus shaver and i have no idea how to use it! lol so im going to just exchange for some new tweezers, or brushes. i was always so embarrassed to go in to return this! callus shaver? i know ew....but never used!

Anyone know if they are the same with the online returns? I want to order some of their new nail polishes but worry I won't like them in person. I live an hour away from Sephora or I would just drop by the store.
I just returned my Bare Escentuals Matte Foundation that I ordered online to the store. They gave me no problems about it. :yes:

Product was opened and I used it ONCE but the shade was off from the original Bare Escentuals foundation.

I returned an unopened and sealed bottle of foundation w/o a receipt - I had purchased it online and thrown away the receipt b/c I assumed I would use the makeup (but ended up needing a darker color) and they actually called the corporate office or whomever and made sure I had actually made the purchase online.....

whatever it takes - I was honest and I think if they need to call and/or check ID's, so be it....

I returned an unopened and sealed bottle of foundation w/o a receipt - I had purchased it online and thrown away the receipt b/c I assumed I would use the makeup (but ended up needing a darker color) and they actually called the corporate office or whomever and made sure I had actually made the purchase online.....

whatever it takes - I was honest and I think if they need to call and/or check ID's, so be it....

I agree..

Sephora has a very fair return policy.. with a receipt they take it back gladly

without a receipt they ask for phot id and then give a store credit.. and they don't

ask a million ?'s.. it is a pleasure to shop there

TBH I don't know why they didn't do the ID thing years ago. When I worked there we had a lady compleltly abuse the return system. She would come in at least once a week and buy a whole bunch of stuff, I'm talking $300 worth of crap. Then come in the next week, return 95% of it (ALL used too!) and exchange half of it for the same stuff!! One time she returned one Nars lipgloss, used it, and exchanged it for the same shade! I even pointed it out to her and she said yes, that's what she wanted!!! And to make sure the correct product is inside, we have to open each package, so I opened the one she was returning and opened the cap and there was nothing wrong with it! This lady was just freakin nuts. I think they are doing the ID thing to help track excessive returners and then ban them when it gets to be a problem. If you buy with a BI membership then they can prolly also track your records and see if you are returning an excessive amount of stuff that "you didn't buy" (or at least didn't use your BI membership for). This way they can also track those who buy from other places and return to sephora (ie: buy at marshalls for $5 and return to sephora for $25.) <---yes, people would do that too!

^ didn't sephora start putting stickers on the items like Nordstrom does for everything they sell? The sticker contains all information about the purchase and proves the item is indeed from sephora. If someone comes in trying to return without receipt and the items do not have the sticker on, isn't it pretty obvious that the item was not purchased from Sephora? Sephora should stop allowing those types of return!

The Sephora website currently says: Please note that we do not offer exchanges for returned products at this time.

Is this true? I have an urban decay eyeshadow that I got two weeks ago from Sephora and was thinking of exchanging it for a different color because it is NOT a color I normally wear, but I no longer have a receipt OR the original packaging it came in. What do you guys think?

....i wish there was a more updated version of this thread right now :smile:
i'm trying to figure out if this has changed over the year...I've NEVER returned ANYTHING at Sephora because I think its weird but I don't want to get stuck with make-up that I will never use just because I threw away the receipt and original packaging:wondering

I returned some makeup forever hd powder stuff last week without the packaging or receipt (also purchased from a sephora in another state) and they were totally cool with it! I used it for about a week before deciding i didn't like it at all so i don't think it'd be a problem!

I returned some used concealer today and didn't have any problems. I didn't have my receipt but they did ask me for my ID and she also asked me what the problem was with the item.