Buyer unhappy with purchase.

giagnm

O.G.
Feb 11, 2009
I sold a brand new, Coach Bonnie foldover bag two weeks ago to a buyer who took one week to pay because of her sick sister. I was patient because I know life happens sometimes. Well, she's had the bag for a week so I emailed her about leaving feedback to let me know what she thought. Here is her response. "Hi! Did receive the bag; it's lovely but I was a bit disappointed, in that the strap is not detachable. I didn't think to ask, being that straps are always detachable, from Coaches and Dooneys, LVs, that I have. I wanted to carry it as a clutch. Thanks anyway -

My listing clearly stated an adjustable strap, not detachable. Is she wanting a refund? I can't help if Coach makes some of their straps undetachable. If I refund (that's a Big if) do I refund shipping also? To be honest, I liked the bag for myself but I have enough as it is.

From what I read her message, she just said she prefers the strap to be detachable but didn't ask for a return. It is not something wrong with the bag. I would just let it go without offering a refund.

Buyer's remorse. There's nothing wrong with the item so there really is no reason for you to take the bag back. Of course if you are a nice person, you could take it back but I wouldn't refund the shipping cost.

From what she wrote she is not saying she wants to return the bag nor she is blaming you for the strap. And she did say thank you. I don't think you'd need to contact her further.

Update: It looks like the buyer has put the bag she bought from me up for auction for about $70 less than what she purchased for. I had even entertained the idea of refunding her because I loved the bag, but I definitely won't worry about now. Ebayers never cease to amaze me!:rolleyes:

I think it happens a lot when one shops online (e.g. ebay) that one is slightly disappointed with the item. It often looks a bit different on the computer screen than when it arrives, so I don't think the buyer's behaviour is odd by any means.
She is not 100% happy but not asking for a refund because it's not your fault.