Let's Play A Game . . .

castorny

Luxury Obsessed
O.G.
Jan 3, 2008
Let's say you have a $1000 credit at Hermes. I know it is not much. How would you spend it and why?

There are only a few limitations. It must be used on leather goods only. Sorry, NO Silk, Cashmere GM, Porcelain, Enamel, etc. And, it must pay for an item completely (OK, up to $200 more than the credit will be allowed and under is also fine).

The point of this game is to see how members here value different Small Leather Goods, Agendas, Belts, Leather Bracelets, etc. I've always wondered, what gives you the most bang for your buck when your funds are limited?

Thanks in advance to all players. Please include current approximate pricing info and the reason you chose the item.

Have fun!

yay, a store credit;)

I would spend it on the larger version of the Zip-Zap since I "need" a pouch where I can have my iPhone. I think they are around $1200, whew!

Ouch, a tough one, 1000 usd isn't really that much in Hermesmoney. Will have to think about it. Maybe a belt, the ones they have on the site in a suede like leather, I'll go and check the price.

Okay, maybe a Reflex belt in gaucho leather, it's available on the French site, 690 euro. Another option is the mini medor (cdc..?) ring in silver, I'm not sure if it stays under 1000 usd. Edit: no silver allowed. A belt it is then.

Last edited:
you know my answer to this one:

a CDC! it's 1000 USD.

I'm not a fan of wallets (1 is enough for me) or belts (I rarely tuck my shirt in) or agendas (I can write on a grocery receipt).

Last edited:
My initial thought were for leather bracelets too when I read the opening post,something that can be worn lots and enjoyed when sometimes you don't have your H bag with you!

Last edited:
If for myself:
CDC in chamonix, since I already have a ebene with gold, the next on the list is black with phw.
If for DH
my DH likes the ketch men's loafers with palladium chain d'ancre detail for 895 usd which are cheaper lol than his regular shoe brand Edward Greene

If for Gifts:
calvi card case 280
guernesey credit card holder (mens) 450 (it is shaped like an L and holds alot for the slim profile. (slimmer than alderney)
hapi bracelet, I think 330

prices usd