Non-kiss-offable lip color for my wedding day?

bellafleur

O.G.
Apr 26, 2007
I think I just invented a word- "non-kiss-offable":smile: I'm getting married next Saturday and would really like to find a lip color that is TRULY long-lasting and won't rub off on my soon-to-be DH, because you know how much glass clinking and forced kissing goes on at a wedding! I'm a lipgloss kind of girl normally and really prefer gloss to lipstick, but I'm just assuming that there's no gloss on the planet that will stay put. On the recent season of The Bachelorette, I swear Jillian always had red lips but never got lipstick on any of the guys she kissed! That's what I want!!:smile:

Has anyone found a lipstick or other lip color that won't transfer during a kiss? What did you wear on your lips on your wedding day?

I am only familiar with drugstore brands, so I believe I wore the Maybelline Superstay. Always stays on throughout kisses, eating, drinking, etc. It may fade over an eight hour period, but there is always color left on me when I wear it (and I never do touch-ups). If you're just looking at a lipcolor that stays put for a reception or ceremony, that should work.

Benefit's Benetint is ia lip and cheek stain. It's non-kiss-offable in my experience and I often work a long day throughout which it sticks. I think it may fade a little (just like anything else) but it's the best thing I've tried.

You might check into lip stains (maybe top it off with a balm or a clear gloss to give it a nice finish) rather than lipsticks. Any sort of "long wear" lipstick you come across will most likely be drying, which can lead to the color flaking off. Almost every company has some version of a lip stain :biggrin: Just be really careful during application!

I hope your wedding is wonderful! :smile:

The mentioned Maybelline Superstays are decent, then there is MAC Pro Longwear. However, after ~6-8 hours (depends on what you eat) it might crumble

Benefit's Benetint is ia lip and cheek stain. It's non-kiss-offable in my experience and I often work a long day throughout which it sticks. I think it may fade a little (just like anything else) but it's the best thing I've tried.

I've had a different experience - I purchased this but every time I use it, I find myself having to reapply it several times which is why I stopped using it. It comes off whenever I take a drink, eat food....so I'm not sure if it would really stay on after multiple kisses.

I've had a different experience - I purchased this but every time I use it, I find myself having to reapply it several times which is why I stopped using it. It comes off whenever I take a drink, eat food....so I'm not sure if it would really stay on after multiple kisses.

I should have probably mentioned that I'm about as pale as it gets. The stain is very noticeable on me and in my experience doesn't kiss off ;). I don't know how good it is on darker skin tones...

Estee Lauder Double Wear Stay in Place lip duo is good. As is MAC's Pro Long Wear, the only thing is that you can only get the MAC one in a Pro Store (or you can call the 800 number)

I like Lorac's Co-Stars long-wearing lip color. I didn't find it drying and if I needed to "refresh", all I do is put on another layer of the clear gloss. HTH and congratulations!

^I vote for the lorac stains...I use to work for sephora and put it on my hand once and took me HOURS to get it off!! All the ladies that bought it never came back and complained! HTH! (sephora and ulta both sell lorac)

I'm going to Sephora tomorrow to check out the Lorac, two votes from
you guys makes me feel more comfortable. I also stopped at a Bare Escentuals store today, and they tried to tell me their lipstick is long wearing, so I wore it for a couple hours shopping. Not so much!

Estee Lauder Double Wear Stay in Place lip duo is good. As is MAC's Pro Long Wear, the only thing is that you can only get the MAC one in a Pro Store (or you can call the 800 number)

I don't think so, even our MAC counter has them and the regular MAC homepage also lists and sells them.

@OP: The color Lasting lust is a bright red with an orange tint, see pic attached

Attachments

• maclastinglust.jpg
    maclastinglust.jpg
    4.3 KB · Views: 774
Chanel Ultra Wear Lip Color works really well in my experience. Lasts all day on me and doesn't dry my lips out. It has the long wear color on one end and a clear gloss on the other end. The clear gloss will need to be reapplied by the lipstick will stay on.

Chanel Ultra Wear Lip Color works really well in my experience. Lasts all day on me and doesn't dry my lips out. It has the long wear color on one end and a clear gloss on the other end. The clear gloss will need to be reapplied by the lipstick will stay on.

Is the other end an actual lipstick, or do both end go on with a brush? What happens if you don't put the gloss on over it? I'm just really paranoid of getting sticky lip gloss on DH at my wedding. I'm almost thinking of just wearing Lip Smackers, but with all the pictures, I really want some color on my lips. I didn't make it to Sephora today, so I'll stop there sometime during the week and see what they recommend. I don't always trust the employees there, because they have steered me wrong before, and my city only has one Sephora. I love hearing from you guys who have actually tried and tested these products! Thanks!:smile: