Looking for Chloe recommendations:

CornflakeGirl

Feb 27, 2009
I have a guy friend who is trying to figure out what to get his wife for a first anniversary gift. He is considering getting her a Chloe purse. I don't believe that she has any. Most of her collection is Kate Spade with some Coach. Her style is less flashy (simple lines, neutral colors, nothing signiture or with big labels).

I was wondering if you would have any recommendations based on what is currently available and any recommendations on where to buy. (we'd come up with nordstrom's and neiman Marcus, but are there some websites or other stores?)

Also do you recommend anything special for care and storage of bags? (like in I know coach forum - they like apple products.)

We'd appreciate any help.

Thanks in advance.

I think he would probably consider anything under $2k. Above that would be more of a debate. When we were talking he seemed to have no problem with the $1.2-$1.3k Chloe bags. We also talked about an LV which was a $1.6k bag. He was considering but seemed hesitent over price with LV because he thinks she will like Chloe better. He says she checks them out in stores often.

Also he thinks she likes hand bags better than shoulder bags.

You are both very sweet - the husband for noticing that she likes Chloe and you for helping him :flowers:

The most popular Chloe handbags are Heloise which is a shoulder bag, Paddington (it is a classic), Paraty and bay (not easy to find ).
Please check the reference library for the styles and we will be able to help you more.
Does he have any particular color in mind? some colors looks nicer on certain styles ;)

But I agree with previous posts Paraty is a good choice ( $1895-$1995)

How nice of you to help him out!

There are a few great Chloes in store but I think if you're looking for something simply and classy but not too "in your face" then the paraty would be it. It has Chloe stamped on the hardware and a little Chloe stamped on the leather of the bag near the bottom. You can use it hand held or over the shoulder and they come in a gorgeous shade of brown which is a great neutral. Gosh I sound like a Chloe salesperson! I'm just obsessed with the paraty :P

The heloise is great too although much heavier, but it also only has the Chloe stamp on the hardware so is very subtle.

The paddington is a really iconinc Chloe style but with the big padlock I think it wouldn't be what your friend is looking for. Hope that helps and let us know what you decide on!:smile:

I think the Paraty would be the bag for her then...very nicely handheld and could be used on the shoulder if need be!

Have him check out the outlet stock for some discounted Paraty bags...They might have some left!

I don't know, I get the feeling, from what you're saying, that she might prefer the Marlow, or the Victoria.

Although not at all flashy, I feel the Paraty is really more of a fashionable 'it' bag than it is an understated design.

It's triangular in shape, which I like, but I doubt it would be to everyone's taste.

Last edited:
Sorry, I have to say Paraty. I wasn't sure about it at first. But to me it's worth every penny. It's a classic and simple design. My Paraty has no Chloe stamp anywhere outside the bag. I find it to be subtle and elegant at the same time. It's versatile in the way it can be carried, shoulder strap or just the handles. The leather and craftmanship is incredible.
Paraty is a great investment too. Honestly, I don't see too many celebs carrying them. Hands down, I personally don't recommend anything else. Has your friend seem one in person yet? Call high-end boutiques in your nearest city- see who has Chloe in stock.
If for whatever reason she wanted to sell her bag in the future, she would get a lot of her money back on a Paraty versus most other Chloe designs. Forgive me, but Bluefly is expensive! You can find many of the styles they carry much cheaper on ebay. (ofcourse ******************) Why pay 1.3K - 1.5K or so on an old bag??? Not worth it. Just my 2 cents.

I don't know, I get the feeling, from what you're saying, that she might prefer the Marlow, or the Victoria.

Although not at all flashy, I feel the Paraty is really more of a fashionable 'it' bag than it is an understated design.

It's triangular in shape, which I like, but I doubt it would be to everyone's taste.

The Marlow in grey is definitely on my wishlist for the fall/winter....