Should I ask for partial refund?

Nope, I took those from the auction... the bag shows considerable wear along the coners, bottom, the top flap, among other things. I would have been fine with vintage condition had it been listed as such, but it was listed as "THERE'S NO WEAR TO THE OUTER SURFACE AND BORDER PIPING. INSIDE IS PRETTY CLEAN. VERY GOOD CONDITION" ... which it has considerable wear.. thats why I asked for a partial refund

Let's see your pics.

I would think it is fair to request for a partial refund, but from the seller's point of view, you left positive feedback and did not contact him/her immediately so he/she might think it is a case of buyer's remorse.

I noticed on the auction, a couple of potential buyers requested photos of the piping and bottom corners. I take it the seller never emailed you extra photos prior to purchase?

The seller does say "whole piping has absolutely no wear", but even in the auction pic of the one corner, it looks like there is some wear on the piping.

well, even if you only did ask for like, $20 refund... is it really worth it? AFter all, it's only $20.... and if you're generally happy...

I'm sure you can get lots of advice on how to clean/repair the wear and tear on the corners. (:

I'll be perfectly honest... I don't think you're really entitled to a partial refund in this situation, especially given that you yourself mention you looked it over, left positive feedback and then went on vacation. IMHO, your either accept this bag as it is (and you appeared to for a period of time) or you want a refund. I'm not sure what $20 will do. You can't get the bag refurbished for so little and at the end of the day, the bag is still going to look as it did before. I do think it was your responsibility to look it over, know what was/was not acceptable for you and to have contacted the seller right then before leaving feedback.
I personally would just remember this as something to learn from in the future and be done with it.

whew, rough crowd! i would of done the same thing. hopefully there are still good people left, and she will understand. im wishing the best for you.

This is an interesting topic. I buy a lot of purses on Ebay and have had similar experiences. I used to just suck it up when I bought something that was more worn than I was initially led to believe, mostly because the prices were cheap and I felt like shopping on Ebay was kind of a gamble. I guess I'm one of those shoppers who has changed, though. I recently bid on and won a Prada backpack. The seller wrote that the leather zipper pull was missing, but that the zipper was still functional. When I received the backpack, I saw that the remaining metal pull part of the zipper was actually deformed with a sharp and jagged (dangerous) edge. I wrote back to the seller and asked for a partial refund. She replied that she hadn't noticed the defect and was surprised that I was asking for a partial refund because I had gotten the backpack for such a good price. She offered a full refund only and I do understand her point. The truth is that sometimes sellers don't always notice all defects and sometimes their standards are different than ours. I'm actually a huge perfectionist and the tiniest flaw can drive me crazy. I once bought a Coach tote with a small scratch of the handle. I was enormously relieved when my daughter asked me to give it to her because she loved it and didn't care about the scratch. Oh, yeah, I'm keeping the Prada backpack and getting the zipper fixed. The price really was great!!!

This is an interesting topic. I buy a lot of purses on Ebay

"I'm actually a huge perfectionist and the tiniest flaw can drive me crazy."

These two statements do not belong in the same paragraph! If you're buying on ebay and are aware that sellers are not providing "perfect" items AND the tiniest flaw can drive you crazy, then you must be going nuts!! :nuts:

If buyers are looking for flawless bags, then I always suggest Neiman, Saxs, Macys or any of the other fine stores selling designer bags. But if one is willing to sacrifice bit of perfection for a bargain, then ebay will suit them just fine.

Good advice from mydogsfriend. I find that I'm only happy with items that are new or described as like new. I really admire the sellers who provide lots and lots of photos of flaws and then I know not to bid.

There is wear to the corner..it is visible to me from the pics and I am surprised that

you didn't see it right away.. its unfortunate that seller says there is no wear

its a tough spot to be.. what would you expect her to do several weeks after you got

this bag now

There is wear to the corner..it is visible to me from the pics and I am surprised that

you didn't see it right away.. its unfortunate that seller says there is no wear

its a tough spot to be.. what would you expect her to do several weeks after you got

this bag now

ok, I don't get why everyone thinks it's been SEVERAL weeks... my vacation was only THREE DAYS. It hasn't even been an entire week yet since I recieved the item....

Buyers have 45 (or 60-90) days to leave feedback. I don't understand your rush to leave glowing comments!

Vintage bags merit a CLOSE inspection...not a cursory glance.

I can't imagine HOW you would open a dispute at this point or how you could demand a refund.

I think even ebay & Paypal consider an auction "complete" once feedback is given and received.

:confused1: