Light Beige questions and concerns.

StarBrite310

Purse & Jewelry Fanatic!
O.G.
Jun 6, 2007
For those of you who have a Chanel in the new Light Beige, I have a few questions.

1. How dirty does it get? Does it really have trouble with color transfer?

2. Do you think a beige bag could be used during Winter, or does it strictly look like a Spring/Summer bag only?

3. Do you like the gold or silver hardware with it? I prefer gold but someone said it looked kinda elderly that way?? :confused1:

4. Do you like the Light Beige in a Chanel Tote? ie: Executive Cerf or GST ect.

Thanks!

1. Mine is caviar leather - no problems so far.
2. I live in California and will use it during our "winters".
3. I have the gold hardware on mine and love it - it is a pale gold (not blingy like the vintage hardware gold)and looks nice to me. I love mine.
4. I have the old beige on my GST - but I don't see why the new pale beige would not look fabulous on the totes as well.

:smile:

mine does not get dirty---I am very careful with my bags though...never a prob for me with color transfer but then again---i take extra precaution

2. Do you think a beige bag could be used during Winter, or does it strictly look like a Spring/Summer bag only?
year around imo

3. Do you like the gold or silver hardware with it? I prefer gold but someone said it looked kinda elderly that way?? :confused1:
mine is gold and i prefer gold---love it

i have the cerf in beige---cannot go wrong imo!

mine does not get dirty---I am very careful with my bags though...never a prob for me with color transfer but then again---i take extra precaution

year around imo

mine is gold and i prefer gold---love it

i have the cerf in beige---cannot go wrong imo!

Do you have it in new Beige?

I am elderly.....ROFL, and I do love the beige claire with the new light gold combo, I have the GST in Camel from last season, not in beige claire, I love both.......Both are year round bags for me.........

Hi. No problems so far but I'm careful not to wear against denim.

I have the beige clair jumbo flap and it's a perfect colour for every season. It definetly can be used for winter and stands out really nicely against any winter coat.

I have the silver hardware but saying that the beige is one of very few colours that looks youthful in gold hardware.

Havent seen any up close so can't say.

Thanks![/QUOTE]

1. How dirty does it get? Does it really have trouble with color transfer? I too have a jumbo beige clair w/gold hardware. I have used it quite a few times now and it still looks like new. I have had no problems with color transfer either as I am very careful with what I wear when carrying it (i.e. no blue jeans, etc.)

2. Do you think a beige bag could be used during Winter, or does it strictly look like a Spring/Summer bag only? Absolutely it can be used for Winter. I live in the South and intend to use mine year-round!

3. Do you like the gold or silver hardware with it? I prefer gold but someone said it looked kinda elderly that way?? I love, love, love it with the gold hardware! It is fabulous and gets tons of compliments from women of all ages.

4. Do you like the Light Beige in a Chanel Tote? ie: Executive Cerf or GST ect. I am sure it is beautiful in a tote but I prefer my flap hands down! ;)

Mine is light beige caviar in GHW.

1. It's still looked brand new. I used it few times since I got it. Have no dirt or colour transfer as I'm careful with my bags.

2. All year round, versatile colour

3. Definitely in GHW. It complements so well with light beige. the SHW makes the entire purse looks dull, IMO.

4. I'm more a flap person.

HTH :P

i have a light beige vintage classic jumbo flap, and its not that hard to maintain it, doesnt get dirty easily. I love beige with gold , its soo elegant !!

i like beige in the medallion tote, or a flap is nice too :smile:

I have the light beige jumbo caviar with gold hardware and LOVE it!!!

I spray all my bags with collonil waterstop spray before using it and did that to my beige as well. I had colour transfer the first time I carried it out from my jeans but that just wiped off with baby wipes. No issues and so far not dirty at all.

We don't have winter where I live but I see no issues carrying it all year round even in winter as it can brighten up your outfit.

3. Do you like the gold or silver hardware with it? I prefer gold but someone said it looked kinda elderly that way??
I prefer gold - very classic and goes much better with this colour IMO. I am not concerned how old or young the hw is, just whether it suits the colour more. FYI I am in my late 30s

Not a fan of the cerf but I think the beige clair looks amazing on the GST!!!

You are most welcome!!!

For those of you who have a Chanel in the new Light Beige, I have a few questions.

-I had a little bit of denim transfer on the back of my bag and I used a white eraser...most of it came off! I recently got some black marks on the white leather of my other bag and I used a Mr. Clean Magic Eraser (Recommended to me by another pf'er) on it and most of the marks came off!

-I used mine in the summer and the winter...it snows where I live!

3. Do you like the gold or silver hardware with it? I prefer gold but someone said it looked kinda elderly that way??
-I love both hardware colors but i love gold best!

-Yes, i love the cerf and GST! Such classic and beautiful bags!
Thanks!

I had a beige claire E/W that I had sold but not because of the color (I just didn't use it). You can wear it all year long and the caviar is sturdy. For lighter colors, you should be wary of wearing anything that carries or transfers dyes like blue jeans, some dyed black jeans, some brightly dyed fabric clothing (some batiks, sweats). I have a maroon sweatshirt that still leaks dye after many many washes.

I'm a bit proactive, but that may be from being a mother. I tend to carry unscented baby wipes in a snack size ziploc bag for any potential accident and to wipe my kids hands and mine of course.