waiting impatiently for a shipment and have a USPS question

jackiec

May 14, 2009
I bought a seagreen MAM from bonanzle and the seller sent me the USPS tracking number but when I track it, it still comes up without any delivery information. this is what it says:

Service(s): Delivery Confirmation™

The U.S. Postal Service was electronically notified by the shipper on August 5, 2009 to expect your package for mailing. This does not indicate receipt by the USPS or the actual mailing date. Delivery status information will be provided if / when available. Information, if available, is updated periodically throughout the day. Please check again later.

so I am wondering if it was actually picked up from the seller yet. (I sent her a message this morning, but no answer yet!!)

USPS tracking sucks. I have had tracking numbers stay with that exact information up until it's actually delivered and then suddenly it updates. Other times it updates every night. It's really hit or miss. Just because it says that doesn't mean your package isn't moving.

I'm sorry you don't have more info at the moment but I hope you get your bag soon!

Yeah, I've actually never seen USPS update those until they are received, it's not like UPS. It was only two days ago. I'd just relax and wait. Your bag will come.

It probably went out yesterday. If it's priority, it will probably come Monday.

I think we can ALL relate to that. We want our bags the next day! But it was only two days ago so it's certainly not time to panic yet. Honestly, the anticipation is a big part of the fun. See the trick is to order bags on a regular basis so you always have stuff coming in. Then when one shows up, you're like, "Oh yay, what did I get?" :lolots: :P

ah, the seller just emailed me that she dropped it off last night .... so I should have it Tuesday .....

Ah, that happens sometimes, the notice shows the day they created and paid for the label which is not necessarily the day they drop it off at the PO. What a customer has purchased with delivery confirmation is just that, a confirmation of delivery. It may not show any scans at all until the item has been delivered, though I've noticed USPS scanning more along the way lately. I wouldn't be concerned if you don't see any updates until it hits your doorstep.

Linda

Ah, that happens sometimes, the notice shows the day they created and paid for the label which is not necessarily the day they drop it off at the PO. What a customer has purchased with delivery confirmation is just that, a confirmation of delivery. It may not show any scans at all until the item has been delivered, though I've noticed USPS scanning more along the way lately. I wouldn't be concerned if you don't see any updates until it hits your doorstep.

Linda

I've learned that delivery confirmation is just that: confirming the item was delivered. Linda, what you said about sometimes the seller just hasn't shipped it, even though the email I got says the label was printed may explain why I haven't yet received an item I paid for on 7/21 (the label was printed on 7/22). I'm thinking maybe the seller either hasn't taken it to the PO or misplaced it (small item). Thanks for the info!

OP, I hope you get your item soon!