Question about difference of 08'Amathyst with Megenta? which do you prefer?

thavasa

Jul 31, 2009
I was checking on the color libaray section, and I found a question...

Is the 08' pre-fall Amathyst also refer to "dark megenta"?? or these 2 are total different color collection for 08'? I'm so confused, although it says so on the color libaray, I also check the actual bags some PFers post, they look different, Amathyst has more purple tone, while the magenta is like deeper pink-pink( it actually looks just like 05 megenta from the picture).

does anyone own both colors?
which color looks better in real life, not from the picture???

I only own Amethyst, but I have to tell you, IT IS GORGEOUS!!
This is my third day wearing it and it is starting to soften up and WOW what gorgeous leather! I don't get it when people say they don't like the leather... I actually like it more now than when I got it.:love::cloud9:

I only own Amethyst, but I have to tell you, IT IS GORGEOUS!!
This is my third day wearing it and it is starting to soften up and WOW what gorgeous leather! I don't get it when people say they don't like the leather... I actually like it more now than when I got it.:love::cloud9:

really?? you heard people say they don't like the leather?
I see it's such a gorgeous color!
which style do you own?

really?? you heard people say they don't like the leather?
I see it's such a gorgeous color!
which style do you own?

Yes, on the handbag forum...their are several posts saying they didn't like the leather, thought they were overrated, inferior to ysl, yadda yadda. Maybe they just don't realize how gorgeous it gets after you wear it (in my case, a few times):smile: I have the pt and the work.

Thavasa I don't think you could go wrong w/ either color. I went thru the same thing and realized (afterwards) I probably would have to see them in person, side to side to really prefer one over the other. I tend to obsess about EVERYTHING bag or shoe related!:hysteric:

What are you thinking of getting?

Last edited:
Thavasa I don't think you could go wrong w/ either color. I went thru the same thing and realized (afterwards) I probably would have to see them in person, side to side to really prefer one over the other. I tend to obsess about EVERYTHING bag or shoe related!:hysteric:

What are you thinking of getting?

Thanks for asking! dramakitten:biggrin:
I decided to get a new bbag and I found this forum, just got so overwhelmed by all the info here, the last time I purchase a bbag was 2 years ago!!
I want to get a amethyst city or part-time, but as I searched, they're no longer available, and the Day's still avaible, but I already got a Day in camel. so right now I'm thinking should I go for the color or the style?
since I really like the pink shade of amethyst, and 05 megenta is hard to get...
what should I do??

Last edited:
Oooh...tough question! I REALLY wanted the amethyst city, but could only find weekender, work or part time. I found the part time @ Barney's and got the work from BagPassion. I was constantly checking bonanzle, ebay and the internet consignment stores, they pop up occasionally. I'm pming you.

Last edited:
Oooh go for the color...I see them (not city) pop up from time to time on ebay, bonanzle and the various balenciaga consignment web stores...I bought my pt at Barney's and got the work at BagPassion. Paid a bit more than I wanted to, but it was new and I REALLY wanted that color...
It is truly a gorgeous, vibrant color and makes me happy to look at it!