What ans when was the deal with the monogrammed bags???

lovecoachmore

Aug 21, 2008
I always assumed them FAKE (and I'm sure MOST were) but when did they do the bags that you could have your initials monogrammed on them? Was it JUST signature stripe items? Anyone still have one??

I was reading an OLD fashion blog and ran across this info, I gotta say I was FLOORED!!! I used to point them out to DH saying "oh~look at that knock off!" Although I'm sure this was true MOST of the time, I was astonished to find out that this DID happen!!!

So, was there a charge for it? Did the monogram stay on well? Iron on or sewn?? I want details!!!! :nuts:

Hmm...This sounds familiar. I think before I could buy bags for myself. I'm thinking late 80s - early 90s? But hey, I remember Coach furniture in the catalogs. Does anyone remember the Lexus with the Coach interior?

I have a friend that ordered a signature crossbody with the brown horizontal stripe monogrammed, she said she had it done through a boutique store. I think it was within the last 2 years.

I always assumed them FAKE (and I'm sure MOST were) but when did they do the bags that you could have your initials monogrammed on them? Was it JUST signature stripe items? Anyone still have one??

I was reading an OLD fashion blog and ran across this info, I gotta say I was FLOORED!!! I used to point them out to DH saying "oh~look at that knock off!" Although I'm sure this was true MOST of the time, I was astonished to find out that this DID happen!!!

So, was there a charge for it? Did the monogram stay on well? Iron on or sewn?? I want details!!!! :nuts:

Oh wait I do remember now about the signature stripe. I think it went on the stripe. I think the ones I saw were stitched on but my mind is fuzzy. I think was the big selling point when they came out, that you could send it to them to be monogrammed.

I think it was when the 1st heritage stripes came along, before they went all PVC--when the stripes were actually fabric (fabric stripe on sig fabric). That was about 2-3 years ago? I believe it was free with the purchase of the bag or a small fee, can't remember. Almost did it myself, but knew that it wouldn't sell if I sold the bag on Ebay.

there was definitely a fee
it went on the stripe
this happened in 06
and not all bags could be monogrammed
i think only the totes (which were the reversible ones back then)

Yep, they did offer monograms on the signature stripe bags a few years ago. The initials were embroidered on a patch that matched the stripe fabric and then attached on the stripe. :yes:

found my catalog - 2006 keycode= sc25

Attachments

• IMG_3702.jpg
    IMG_3702.jpg
    22.5 KB · Views: 92
  • IMG_3703.jpg
    IMG_3703.jpg
    20.5 KB · Views: 138
  • IMG_3705.jpg
    IMG_3705.jpg
    17 KB · Views: 94
  • IMG_3707.jpg