How to wear this long silk dress?

sparklythings

Jun 18, 2009
http://www.saksfifthavenue.com/main...<>ast_id=1408474399545537&bmUID=1249387042343

picture.php

picture.php

I'm tall so it fits me exactly the way it fits the model (dress ends at my ankles). I bought it because the fit is perfect and I loved the print! Its supposed to be a casual dress, but I can't imagine wearing this around the city (shopping, movies, etc...).

Where can I wear it? Where would you ladies wear this dress? Can I add a belt to this dress? What kind of flat shoes can I wear with this?

Last edited:
It's a lovely dress, congrats. I think you could totally wear it during the day around the city and it would be very simple to dress up for going out at night (perfect for vacations!).

I would wear it during the day with brown (either a medium or dark brown leather) gladiator sandal (if you want flats) or a similar style wedge or even white/cream coloured flats (then I would make the bag a similar colour to that too). I've keep the bag simple and the same with accessories, make the print the focus.

For night you could do either gold, bronze or silver (personally I would go with silver) accessories and shoes, a metallic clutch would be cute too. A simple wrap or cardi will keep you warm during the day/night too, probably royal navy or charcoal in colour.

I don't know whether a belt would be necessary as the dress seems quite fitted. But a loose low slung skinny belt or two in a metallic colour would dress it up! HTH :smile:
Enjoy your beautiful dress...

It's a lovely dress, congrats. I think you could totally wear it during the day around the city and it would be very simple to dress up for going out at night (perfect for vacations!).

I would wear it during the day with brown (either a medium or dark brown leather) gladiator sandal (if you want flats) or a similar style wedge or even white/cream coloured flats (then I would make the bag a similar colour to that too). I've keep the bag simple and the same with accessories, make the print the focus.

For night you could do either gold, bronze or silver (personally I would go with silver) accessories and shoes, a metallic clutch would be cute too. A simple wrap or cardi will keep you warm during the day/night too, probably royal navy or charcoal in colour.

I don't know whether a belt would be necessary as the dress seems quite fitted. But a loose low slung skinny belt or two in a metallic colour would dress it up! HTH :smile:
Enjoy your beautiful dress...

I was thinking of brown leather sandals/bag with it for the day too. And, the suggestions for the night sound wonderful. I can tell that you're a fashionista; you're so helpful! Thank you!

I'm just afraid of the attention that I'll be getting. I hardly see anyone wearing long dresses like this in the city... Maybe a cotton maxi, but this is silk and flowy. I think I'll suck it up and wear it though. :biggrin: Its so comfortable!

Do you have any advice on what kind of bra to wear with this dress? I often feel uncomfortable in strapless bras; they always slip down!

I was thinking of brown leather sandals/bag with it for the day too. And, the suggestions for the night sound wonderful. I can tell that you're a fashionista; you're so helpful! Thank you!

I'm just afraid of the attention that I'll be getting. I hardly see anyone wearing long dresses like this in the city... Maybe a cotton maxi, but this is silk and flowy. I think I'll suck it up and wear it though. :biggrin: Its so comfortable!

Do you have any advice on what kind of bra to wear with this dress? I often feel uncomfortable in strapless bras; they always slip down!

Best bra would be a NUBRA they stay up .

Yes you will get attention .
Being Tall , Lean
But you probably get attention no matter what you wear !!

The acessorie idea sound perfect .

Well I have to agree with the previous poster, a strapless bra would probably be the cleanest for your look, but if you don't want to wear it then you could always wear a bra that has the clear straps (I know the plastic ones are not exactly chic looking lol). They definitely aren't as noticeable as a regular bra.

Or if you find a bra that has a similar strap colour (and the straps are thin!) then you could always wear it. Just try to align the straps of your dress over your bra straps. Skinny straps are hard to work with sometimes :smile:

Thanks so much for the compliments! Put a smile on my face, I like to help people. Just enjoy the dress and wear it when you like and how you like! People won't be able to not like your dress :biggrin: HTH