Food Recommendations for sweet fruity white wines??

LOL Sue! I nearly spit out my water. Now I'm picturing a foot fungus doctor having a glass of riesling. :nuts:

After treating my feet I'm sure he needs a few drinks. When I was a kid I'd ask my farmer-grandma "Grandma, why don't you ever wear shoes?" and she'd say "Honey chil' there ain't nobody make shoes for feet like this." By age 30 I had Grandma's feet. Amazing, just amazing... :smile: At least I don't spend much time in the Christian Loubotin forum.

Well good to know I'm not the only one who just wants to drink whatever she wants no matter what she drinks. I have gone to one wine tasting and it was ehhh. They had lots of reds which I'm not that into. I look forward to going to another one though!! And yes, I know some restaurants have wine flights, I think I'll try it!! Thanks for the tip, and for the warm welcome to the "life of a wino"!! Cheers indeed!! :drinkup:

I can't do red wine to save my life, so I drink white with everything. The "rules" have sort of gone out the window, and people chose to drink whatever their heart desires. Just like if we're having a nice seafood risotto here at home and I feel like drinking a beer - I'll do just that.

Drink what you like!

I bought 5 new bottles today to take with me while we go camping tomorrow!! Might I add.. Some of those bottles I got from what you all recommended!! I also got a bottle of Riesling!!

I bought 5 new bottles today to take with me while we go camping tomorrow!! Might I add.. Some of those bottles I got from what you all recommended!! I also got a bottle of Riesling!!

now *that* is a great idea! i am going camping on thursday-sunday and didn't even think about bringing wine! what a great idea! :yahoo:
another recommendation - my favorite champagne is Korbel Extra Dry. don't let the extra dry part scare you - it's actually sweet and not very dry at all. ;)

i haven't really had a miss with any of the pinot grigios or reislings that i've tried. there is one reisling in a blue bottle with a sun on it (forget the name) that i bought pretty regularly and really liked. pinot grigio just goes down SO nicely for me...no bitterness.

i will drink white wine regardless of what i'm eating. i am not a big red wine fan unless it's beaujolais - a lighter red - and don't really care what anyone thinks. :nogood:

Last edited:
Tried one of the Rieslings and ack, it was really bitter. I have one more bottle of Riesling to go. I hope it tastes a lot better. Aside from that, the other bottles were REALLY yummy!!

Tried one of the Rieslings and ack, it was really bitter. I have one more bottle of Riesling to go. I hope it tastes a lot better. Aside from that, the other bottles were REALLY yummy!!

All rieslings are different unfortunately. The sweeter ones tend to be in the darker bottles where the lighter, crisper, more mineral ones tend to be in green or clear bottles. There's also a term used at times, late harvest, this usually equals sweeter. I find that Chateau St. Michelle Riesling is a nice intermediate, not too dry and mineral and not too syrup sweet. Hogue is one brand that you can commonly find both late harvest and regular rieslings clearly identified, I would recommend giving their late harvest a shot, I'm not a fan of the sweet ones all the time, but when I'm in the mood I like the Hogue late harvest very much.